Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 76 North Carolina 69

Featured Replies

  • Replies 153
  • Views 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ What did Calipari say pre-game that made you think that?

 

So glad you asked. Here are few key points:

 

1. He talked about how everyone was saying we would have match up problems with UNC, and said his "small" line up could pose some problems for UNC as well which no one had talked about.

2. He also discussed getting back on D and how we could not get to deep and get shots blocked because they those blocked shots would turn in to easy transition baskets. He said pull up and take an 8-9 footer vs. a blocked shot.

3. He also discussed Brandon Knight and how he is a coaches dream because he wants the ball in crunch time and lots of guys do not. He said when a coach believes in a player and the player believes in himself, it's the perfect combo.

 

IMO, the coach of the year. I had them going to the Elite 8 in the prediction thread, but this team has had the toughest road by far imo to reach this point. Think about it, if they can win it all.............Princeton, WVU, OSU, UNC, UCONN, Butler/VCU. That's an unpaved road right there.

The cats open as a 2 point favorite against UCONN next Saturday.

Forgot to ask this earlier and I don't think anyone else did. Liggins hits the huge 3..........Carolina goes down and misses, UK gets the rebound...................then the refs decide to stop play to see if Liggins 3 was actually a 3. I thought is was very late to go back and review the tape when two possessions has already taken place. Anyone else miffed by that? I mean, seriously, how far back can they go to review a prior play? I thought that was ridiculous.

Forgot to ask this earlier and I don't think anyone else did. Liggins hits the huge 3..........Carolina goes down and misses, UK gets the rebound...................then the refs decide to stop play to see if Liggins 3 was actually a 3. I thought is was very late to go back and review the tape when two possessions has already taken place. Anyone else miffed by that? I mean, seriously, how far back can they go to review a prior play? I thought that was ridiculous.

I was wondering the same thing.

I was wondering the same thing.

 

I think you can only go back and review at a dead ball. The next dead ball was that rebound and foul so the refs went back at that moment to see.

Lexington was on fire after the game. Literally... There were couches burning in the streets. :lol:

 

Hundreds, if not thousands, of students and adults partying outside. It sure was something I'll remember for the rest of my life. After celebrating for a few hours, I worked my way to the airport and got to greet the team as they departed for Wildcat lodge. After exiting the plane, Jorts got on a cherry picker and was lifted above the fence for everyone to see. With the net still around his neck, he hoisted the trophy into the air to a thunderous applause. It was INCREDIBLE. Well worth the wait. I've got some video I took of the bus leaving with fans going crazy. I'll post it a little later, after I upload it to YouTube. I will say though, I was far from being a capable cameraman so there's a part where I forgot I was filming and it's basically focused on the side of the bus and/or ground. :lol:

 

This was truly a day that will live with me forever. Hopefully, I get to relive it after the Cats bring home #8. Let's finish the job Cats! You've come too far to turn back now!

I think you can only go back and review at a dead ball. The next dead ball was that rebound and foul so the refs went back at that moment to see.

:thumb: I did not have an issue with that. Big moment in a big game, the refs have an obligation to get the call right... and they did.

That replay shows how even video can be a little iffy. The first two angles they showed, it looked like Liggins' toe might be on the line. Then they showed the angle from the baseline and it was clear he was behind the line. What if they didn't have that angle? Would the refs have changed it to a two if they only had the first video we saw?

That replay shows how even video can be a little iffy. The first two angles they showed, it looked like Liggins' toe might be on the line. Then they showed the angle from the baseline and it was clear he was behind the line. What if they didn't have that angle? Would the refs have changed it to a two if they only had the first video we saw?

Only if it was 100% conclusive. I was 99% sure his foot was on the line until the last angle... not enough to overturn it.

Only if it was 100% conclusive. I was 99% sure his foot was on the line until the last angle... not enough to overturn it.

 

It would have been interesting. If they had changed it to a two based on that first video angle, I couldn't have faulted them. It looked like his toe was on the line from that angle.

Finally good to see Jones make a right handed shot. I think that puts him to 1-38 on the year. Could not have come at a more critical time.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.