Morehead State 62 Louisville 61

DragonFire

Siva had 3 points, 5 turn overs and had his ankles broken on the last Morehead 3 pointer. He should have stayed on the bus.

Siva made the cardinal(no pun intended) sin of defense. He crossed his feet instead of sliding. Once he stepped with his right over his left he was dead.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Siva made the cardinal(no pun intended) sin of defense. He crossed his feet instead of sliding. Once he stepped with his right over his left he was dead.

I'm not sure what he was doing anyway, first rule of defense in that situation is not let him get a clean look at a 3.

What if he makes the first shot, misses the 2nd, and the leading rebounder in the NCAA gets his 18th rebound for the game, and scores? You never foul in that situation.

BINGO I was going to post the same exact thing. Man up play some D and see what happens. Ya we know what happened but at the same time, as a coach I am not going to let my decision beat me and by fouling you put that out there. Let the players play. Had the scenario you mentioned occurred then what would people be saying and how would a coach feel?

Great Post!

I was elated for Morehead State. Wow, what a big moment for them. Very happy for the Eagles.

I kind of felt sorry for Ricky P and the Cards, tough way to lose.

This picture sums it up.

Pitino said it was the toughest loss of his career. If he didn't have a great recruiting class coming in, I would really wonder about him coming back. He even questioned whether maybe he has been in coaching too long. That is all probably post game blues but the fact that he even said it makes you think he has contemplated retirement over the past couple of tough years.

The foul happened earlier I believe it was Butler. You get the last shot. I listened to radio shows this morning starting at 6 AM, and this was brought up (not me) by different people, some say yes some say no. The Cards didn't get a good last shot, I'm coaching to win and advance, foul him and at least you get a good last shot. The rest is history. Its a no brainer.

The foul happened earlier I believe it was Butler. You get the last shot. I listened to radio shows this morning starting at 6 AM, and this was brought up (not me) by different people, some say yes some say no. The Cards didn't get a good last shot, I'm coaching to win and advance, foul him and at least you get a good last shot. The rest is history. Its a no brainer.

If you're coaching to win, you don't foul an offensive player intentionally when you hold a 2-point lead. I'd be shocked if you could find a coach in the country who would say that's a good idea.

It happened earlier, I saw it, they fouled the guy and yes he hit both free throws, they brought the ball down got a shot and made it. Now, maybe they didn't mean to foul, but they did and it worked out. I agree most coaches would let the guy take the long three and take their chances, you just don't get to take a good shot if he hits the three. I saw it. I believe it was Butler who won by two

Pitino said it was the toughest loss of his career. If he didn't have a great recruiting class coming in, I would really wonder about him coming back. He even questioned whether maybe he has been in coaching too long. That is all probably post game blues but the fact that he even said it makes you think he has contemplated retirement over the past couple of tough years.

He definitely looked down during his press interview. I think that he has plenty left in him, everyone runs into a slump at times. Between the players coming back and the recruiting class coming in, I believe that he will find optimism. I look at it as motivation for next season and look for things to go much better than the past two seasons.