Morehead State 62 Louisville 61

DragonFire

I was at BDubs in Morehead and it was NUTS!!! I went to high school and college with Moreheads AD. He said that eruption in that gym was awesome. Another friend in Den said there were more Morehead people there than Lville.

Big East is the best confrence but not as good as it was hyped.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was at BDubs in Morehead and it was NUTS!!! I went to high school and college with Moreheads AD. He said that eruption in that gym was awesome. Another friend in Den said there were more Morehead people there than Lville.

Big East is the best confrence but not as good as it was hyped.

I was in the Morehead Bdubs also... :thumb:

You might want to inform teams in other leagues to, you know, WIN MORE. The committee had no choice but to put 11 BE teams in because their resumes dictated that they were better than another alternatives...

Lets not forget that the Big East has a 4 team head start over every other conference. I hate this time of year when the media brings out the Big East hype machine with all the "OMG! Look how many teams they got in!" Crap. Especially this year when on top of the Big East having 4 more teams, the tournament field was expanded.

^ I've asked the same question but there has been no offering of an answer. That tells me a lot.

This year the Big Ten is better. I really enjoy Jeff Sagarin's ratings and if you look at his "simple average" ranking (all teams weighted equally), then the Big Ten comes out ahead of the Big East. Simple arithmetic.

This year the Big Ten is better. I really enjoy Jeff Sagarin's ratings and if you look at his "simple average" ranking (all teams weighted equally), then the Big Ten comes out ahead of the Big East. Simple arithmetic.

3-2 in the tournament. Overrated by your standards...

3-2 in the tournament. Overrated by your standards...

No one has been hyping the Big Ten like the Big East all year. Just sick of hearing how great the Big East is all year. They have some solid teams, but way overrated and over hyped. Just look at the Big East performance thus far. I would give them a solid C to this point.

No one has been hyping the Big Ten like the Big East all year. Just sick of hearing how great the Big East is all year. They have some solid teams, but way overrated and over hyped. Just look at the Big East performance thus far. I would give them a solid C to this point.

Don't change your criteria when it doesn't fit your argument. The Big East is far better top to bottom than the Big 10. No way to even make that debate...

At the top 2, I'll take the Big Ten w/ OSU & Purdue over Pitt & Notre Dame.

At the bottom, well, never mind. They're both incredibly horrible.

In the middle? The Big 10 offers a solid Wisconsin team. An average at best, a ho-hum at worst Michigan team. An Illinois team that one could argue doesn't belong in the tournament. A team that is widely considered the most underachieving in all of college basketball (Michigan State). And then you bring up the rear of the middle with Penn State.

I'm just not seeing where the Big 10 fits into this.

I'll concede this: the Big East had some overrated teams & at least three of them are out (UL, St. John's, & Villanova). But you also have to look at injuries teams have faced--and I'm talking major injuries--with Georgetown & St. John's especially. I also see Pitt & Notre Dame being overrated, but by the same token, college basketball as a whole is the weakest I believe I've seen in my entire lifetime. In a sense, it's all pretty overrated. I look at these #1 seeds this year & they really pale in comparison to past #1's.

But top to bottom, the Big East is the best conference. Like many others, I get tired of the praise being sung on its behalf, but I have to be objective and say they are the cream of the conference crop.

At the top 2, I'll take the Big Ten w/ OSU & Purdue over Pitt & Notre Dame.

At the bottom, well, never mind. They're both incredibly horrible.

In the middle? The Big 10 offers a solid Wisconsin team. An average at best, a ho-hum at worst Michigan team. An Illinois team that one could argue doesn't belong in the tournament. A team that is widely considered the most underachieving in all of college basketball (Michigan State). And then you bring up the rear of the middle with Penn State.

I'm just not seeing where the Big 10 fits into this.

I'll concede this: the Big East had some overrated teams & at least three of them are out (UL, St. John's, & Villanova). But you also have to look at injuries teams have faced--and I'm talking major injuries--with Georgetown & St. John's especially. I also see Pitt & Notre Dame being overrated, but by the same token, college basketball as a whole is the weakest I believe I've seen in my entire lifetime. In a sense, it's all pretty overrated. I look at these #1 seeds this year & they really pale in comparison to past #1's.

:thumb:

Look, I am not changing anything. I know basketball and I know the Big East did not deserve to get 11 teams in this tournament. Sagarin took all the teams in all the conferences using his "simple average" formula and the Big Ten came out ahead of the Big East. Your are biased to the Big East. I have no bias and can therefore be much more objective than you regarding this discussion.

Look, I am not changing anything. I know basketball and I know the Big East did not deserve to get 11 teams in this tournament. Sagarin took all the teams in all the conferences using his "simple average" formula and the Big Ten came out ahead of the Big East. Your are biased to the Big East. I have no bias and can therefore be much more objective than you regarding this discussion.

The resumes said CLEARLY the Big East deserved 11 teams. Talk to the SEC West, Pac 10 and ACC about not holding up their end of the bargain enough to make it different. And to say you have no bias against the Big East is absolutely comical...

But top to bottom, the Big East is the best conference. Like many others, I get tired of the praise being sung on its behalf, but I have to be objective and say they are the cream of the conference crop.

I agree with the majority of this post. I have to believe that Sagarin studies this stuff much more than we do and I am a follower of his. Love computer ratings, they aren't subjective and don't have bias or untruths contained in them.

I agree with the majority of this post. I have to believe that Sagarin studies this stuff much more than we do and I am a follower of his. Love computer ratings, they aren't subjective and don't have bias or untruths contained in them.

So why just use one Sagrin number that backs your point and ignore all of the other computer models that say the Big East is the best? Convenient...

The resumes said CLEARLY the Big East deserved 11 teams. Talk to the SEC West, Pac 10 and ACC about not holding up their end of the bargain enough to make it different. And to say you have no bias against the Big East is absolutely comical...

Really not sure why you believe that I am biased against the Big East, because I'm not. Just go by numbers and performance. Head to head results are very telling. The best team in the Big East had an RPI of 10. Not good.