Morehead State 62 Louisville 61

DragonFire

Sad to see the season end, but what a great season it's been for this team! I'm not disappointed in the team, but just overall disappointed that I can't watch this particular group of players play together for a few more games. I am super excited about the fact that we have so much coming back, plus the additions of a great recruiting class. I'm hopeful that the kids coming in have the same mentality as the incredible group we have already. I will take the heart, attitude and general "aura" of this team any day....even if we get knocked out in the first round. There's no shame in losing a game. There's nothing to be embarrassed about. In my opinion, the gave it all they had and came up a bit short, but not for lack of trying. Much better to me than having supreme talent and no heart.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you really want to play the numbers game, wasn't he due to make one?

Demonte Harper is an All-OVC First Team player. He has hit numerous big shots this season. He is the guy who nailed the buzzer-beater at EKU to get it into overtime late in the season. Had Louisville watched any video at all on Morehead, they should have recognized immediately that Harper was going to drive the ball and take the shot.

As soon as I saw the 1-4 set, I knew Harper was going to be the man. I didn't expect him to pull up for three, but that's what Tyndall told him to do in the huddle.

There's no way you foul in that situation. That would be like shooting yourself in the foot before the Olympics.

Harper is a good player who made a good shot. He had one solid fake that almost sent Siva to the floor - leaving Harper with an open look that he took advantage of.

After a night of relaxing and thinking about the season, I am over it. Proud of the team and the season they had.

Hats off to Morehead. I am no longer thinking what UofL should have done to win. I am now thinking of what a great job Morehead did to win. Those kids played their tails off and made the plays they needed to win. Hats off to the coaching staff.

Looked like a clean block to me; glad the stripes didn't anticipate.

I agree, at first I thought that the shooter was fouled hard and something should have been called. After watching the replay that was one of the better "no calls" that I have seen. There was no foul, the hand was clearly on the ball and imo was no body contact. After all the ref bashing lately, and alot of it deserved, I am glad to see the official make the proper call which was a no call.

After all the ref bashing lately, and alot of it deserved, I am glad to see the official make the proper call which was a no call.

I think the officiating so far has been really good in the tourney. Mostly because they're letting guys play.

31 total fouls in this game and only 19 (!!) in the UK game.

So I guess if you can't see fouling a poor freethrow shooter over giving up a 3 for a loss then I guess there isn't much to say. I understand that the general rule is only foul with a lead when up 3, well that general rule didn't work out too well for UofL. It's a game of precedent so I don't expect it to go the other way often but when it does we'll see what happens.

I guess you could invest your retirement in buying Powerball tickets if you also like those odds.

Fouling a guy with a bad freetrhow percentage is bad odds? That's why they keep track of such stats....

Unless you are talking about someone well below 50% from the FT line, I am not sure what kind of odds you are referring to. Faried is one of the worst foul shooters in the OVC at 58%, but the ball was not in his hands, it was in Harpers. Harper is a 67% FT shooter but almost a 40% shooter from long range. From a pure statistical standpoint that is extremely far apart.

Edited by bugatti

I agree, at first I thought that the shooter was fouled hard and something should have been called. After watching the replay that was one of the better "no calls" that I have seen. There was no foul, the hand was clearly on the ball and imo was no body contact. After all the ref bashing lately, and alot of it deserved, I am glad to see the official make the proper call which was a no call.

The photo in the CJ today is a GREAT one. Defender going straight up with a hand on the ball. Great no call. Sadly I did not get to see it, I was in the car listening to Paul Rodgers (who is IMO not the greatest) say again and again in his post game how there perhaps should have been a foul called. In fact, when he called it live he went nuts on the no call. Bottom line is that if those two teams played each other 20 times, Morehead would win 2 or 3 and yesterday was one of those times. Also I don't think the loss of Knowles for the final minutes was the death blow. Yes he has won some games for UL, but he has lost a few too. The problem was the shaky start that gave Morehead St. confidence (when Knowles was playing) and the 20 minutes of shaky play by Siva.