Morehead State 62 Louisville 61

DragonFire

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, it would be a hard decision, but he has to hit those free shots too. I'm just upset, we all took at hit on the brackets but I know a lot of fans who are really hurting.

What if he makes the first shot, misses the 2nd, and the leading rebounder in the NCAA gets his 18th rebound for the game, and scores? You never foul in that situation.

If you can't see why you NEVER foul up 2 not sure I have much else to say...

So I guess if you can't see fouling a poor freethrow shooter over giving up a 3 for a loss then I guess there isn't much to say. I understand that the general rule is only foul with a lead when up 3, well that general rule didn't work out too well for UofL. It's a game of precedent so I don't expect it to go the other way often but when it does we'll see what happens.

So I guess if you can't see fouling a poor freethrow shooter over giving up a 3 for a loss then I guess there isn't much to say. I understand that the general rule is only foul with a lead when up 3, well that general rule didn't work out too well for UofL. It's a game of precedent so I don't expect it to go the other way often but when it does we'll see what happens.

You want to play horrible odds. Never going to happen, but keep reaching...

There is NO WAY you foul that guy.

1) It's silly to begin with. A defensive stop (something Louisville isn't too bad at lately) and the game is theirs. An opportunity to score with the clock stopped, the potential for a rebound off a miss, there is just way too much that can go wrong.

2) That guy was 0-6 before hitting that shot. It wasn't an error of tactics, it was an error in judgment... on Siva. He shouldn't have bitten so hard in an attempt to guard a drive to the lane, thus giving up the open look. It happens. But I don't see how there's any way that you send a guy to the foul line with a free opportunity to tie the game. You make them earn it from the field. Morehead earned those points, Louisville lost.

1) It's silly to begin with. A defensive stop (something Louisville isn't too bad at lately) and the game is theirs. An opportunity to score with the clock stopped, the potential for a rebound off a miss, there is just way too much that can go wrong.

2) That guy was 0-6 before hitting that shot. It wasn't an error of tactics, it was an error in judgment... on Siva. He shouldn't have bitten so hard in an attempt to guard a drive to the lane, thus giving up the open look. It happens. But I don't see how there's any way that you send a guy to the foul line with a free opportunity to tie the game. You make them earn it from the field. Morehead earned those points, Louisville lost.

If you really want to play the numbers game, wasn't he due to make one?

Good post.

My take on it was, MSU knew exactly what they were doing and who they were doing it to. As soon as Faried ran into ball-screen position, Siva lost all semblence of balance. He was much more worried about getting hit with a ball-screen than actually guarding the ball that an open look was going to be achieved. The fake ball-screen was all it took, it shook him that bad. He never made a play on the ball, never came close to contesting. At that point, a top of key three becomes a pretty easy shot.

Good post.

My take on it was, MSU knew exactly what they were doing and who they were doing it to. As soon as Faried ran into ball-screen position, Siva lost all semblence of balance. He was much more worried about getting hit with a ball-screen than actually guarding the ball that an open look was going to be achieved. The fake ball-screen was all it took, it shook him that bad. He never made a play on the ball, never came close to contesting. At that point, a top of key three becomes a pretty easy shot.

I agree, and what's funny is this exact same thing happen last week in the conference tournaments and the guy took it right in for a lay up, just different teams and a different shot selection but still the same result; funny part is it was a Big East conference game, USF against Villanova, kid on defense read the screen to the right and the guy took it to his left. If I had to guess MSU's coach had seen that play, and seen his guy make that shot, in that exact same situation.

Edited by sportsfan41