Cincinnati will be in National Championship Game

swamprat

It would have to be an Auburn, Okalahoma, USC type situation. If they are one of 2 remaining undefeated teams remaining from a BCS school, I have a hard time believing they would be left out.

We can skirt around the issue all day long and make cases for teams across the country, but the real question is going to be, would UC get in over a one loss Florida or Alabama? I think you can eliminate every other team from the discussion. Not because I think UF and Bama are that much better, but they are the only two this will be considered for by voters.

I don't think they get in over a 1 loss Oklahoma, if Oklahoma can get there. I don't think they pass a one loss Texas either. Voters will manipulate the system. And I don't know how much the BCS computers will like Cincy anyway. UF for much of the year wasn't really well liked by the computers, and theky played a much tougher schedule (though it wasn't that tough) than what Cincy is playing this year. We'll see. I hope Cincy wins out so we can find out.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cincinnati is a prime spot to recruit in the country. Ask every high major coach out there and they would agree. Totally invalid.

Miami has to recruit SFL against FSU, UF and now USF along with every major program in the country that recruits the area. Also invalid.

I find your argument 1000% flawed...

Didn't seem to hurt when they got the seven best players off of Jacory Harris's team. Plus, I find that USF is zero competition to Miami as far as recruiting goes. I'm sure Randy Shannon isn't worried if USF is going to take a recruit.

UC is not ready for the big time. They don't get big time players, except for the occasional flurry of a blue chipper. Pike was flustered the whole game last season in the bowl game. It's not like he hadn't thrown a pick all year, just sounds like a heaping pile of exscuses.

It would have to be an Auburn, Okalahoma, USC type situation. If they are one of 2 remaining undefeated teams remaining from a BCS school, I have a hard time believing they would be left out.

We can skirt around the issue all day long and make cases for teams across the country, but the real question is going to be, would UC get in over a one loss Florida or Alabama? I think you can eliminate every other team from the discussion. Not because I think UF and Bama are that much better, but they are the only two this will be considered for by voters.

I'm almost certain Oklahoma w/ one loss would get in over UC. And I'm pretty sure USC would too.

Didn't seem to hurt when they got the seven best players off of Jacory Harris's team. Plus, I find that USF is zero competition to Miami as far as recruiting goes. I'm sure Randy Shannon isn't worried if USF is going to take a recruit.

UC is not ready for the big time. They don't get big time players, except for the occasional flurry of a blue chipper. Pike was flustered the whole game last season in the bowl game. It's not like he hadn't thrown a pick all year, just sounds like a heaping pile of exscuses.

Thank you. Like I said, everyone goes to recruit South Florida because it is the prime recruiting spot in the country. Randy Shannon nearly locks up South Florida, with the exception of Saint Thomas Aquinas. He's not worried, occasionally FSU or UF steal a player that the U really wants, but that goes back and forth as Miami stole two players (Armstrong and Dye) from a supposed "Gator-friendly" school.

Your last sentence is what I've been saying all throughout this thread. Cincy is a good team, but on the National Level they are a pretender.

UC would get embarrassed against the likes of OU, Texas, or UF....I'm hoping Miami and Florida both go undefeated so we have a legit Title game.

There I fixed it for you. By the end of the year UF-Miami would be a nasty game. I think they would be one of the few teams that wouldn't fear Tebow and the Gates.

I do not believe UC goes undefeated the end of the schedule is too tough. Cincinnati is an elite area to recruit from but they have to keep the elite talent in Cincinnati, something they have not done well in the past 2-3 years. BK is a great offensive coach who can develop talent. If he can keep the locals home, they could be a legit national power.

I think there is a very REAL chance that UC does go undefeated, and I hope they do. Brian Kelly is a fantastic coach and if they did go unbeaten and somehow make the NC game, he might stick around UC for quite a while, which would be great for our area of the country.

It will be very very hard to keep him in Cincinnati his stock is rising as fast as Meyers' was at Utah. Each week Charlie Weis makes him look better as well.

It will be very very hard to keep him in Cincinnati his stock is rising as fast as Meyers' was at Utah. Each week Charlie Weis makes him look better as well.

I believe this will be his last year in Cincy and they go back to being uc. He has done a good job, but if they make the title game they will get embarassed. College football needs some kind of playoff.

The notion that Cincinnati is a Miami in the making seems pretty far-fetched to me. Cincinnati should strive to be one of the better programs in the Big East, and looks to be headed in that direction, but becoming a national power a la Miami seems a bit out of reach.

The notion that Cincinnati is a Miami in the making seems pretty far-fetched to me. Cincinnati should strive to be one of the better programs in the Big East, and looks to be headed in that direction, but becoming a national power a la Miami seems a bit out of reach.

Thank you. :thumb:

But if they do become a National Power, they will not be doing it the same as Miami for the reasons I have stated..