Cincinnati will be in National Championship Game

swamprat

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it will matter. UC proved last bowl season that they simply do not belong with the big boys. I think that Boise State has a better shot of playing in the title game, and I give them no shot at all. UC got dominated by Virginia Tech, a big time team that cannot pass the ball. They would stand little to no shot at beating UF, Bama, Texas, etc. I really like Brian Kelly, and they may go undefeated but I don't think the voters will put them in with what they did last year and having key wins of only Oregon State and Rutgers.

I don't think it will matter. UC proved last bowl season that they simply do not belong with the big boys. I think that Boise State has a better shot of playing in the title game, and I give them no shot at all. UC got dominated by Virginia Tech, a big time team that cannot pass the ball. They would stand little to no shot at beating UF, Bama, Texas, etc. I really like Brian Kelly, and they may go undefeated but I don't think the voters will put them in with what they did last year and having key wins of only Oregon State and Rutgers.

Dominated? :lol:

It was 20-7 and Pike threw 4 picks which is VERY unlike him. Plus this defensive unit it much more athletic and fast while the group last year had a lot of physical limitations but tons of game experience that VT exploited in the run game. That game was also a big factor in switching to the 3-4 and putting more speed on the field. Plus you can't act like you've been there before until you have actually been there before and VT had a big advantage there. Dominated. Hilarious...

With the Big East being as bad as it is, the Bearcats have a really good shot if there is only one other unbeaten from a major conference. I am not seeing anyone from the SEC being able to go undefeated... same for the other conferences.

I think their only chance is if they are the only unbeaten team from a BCS conference. For instance if Florida has one loss but wins the SEC championship game and either Penn State or Texas goes unbeaten Florida gets in over them. If they are the only one standing I don't know that 2 go before them.

My guess is that this weekend's game isn't going to be a cakewalk.

I'm always impressed with Fresno's willingness to go anywhere and play anybody.

Should be a fun game.

I watched Fresno play Wisconsin and was impressed with Fresno's ability to move the ball.

I think Cincinnati is in for a pretty good test.

And I love Fresno + 17.

Dominated? :lol:

It was 20-7 and Pike threw 4 picks which is VERY unlike him. Plus this defensive unit it much more athletic and fast while the group last year had a lot of physical limitations but tons of game experience that VT exploited in the run game. That game was also a big factor in switching to the 3-4 and putting more speed on the field. Plus you can't act like you've been there before until you have actually been there before and VT had a big advantage there. Dominated. Hilarious...

Wouldn't you usually get dominated with stats like that. 20-7 was the score, if VT was capable they would have won by more. From what I remember of that game Cincy had little chance. They simply do not have the athletes that the big boys have and it's easy to see. And it's not like Virginia Tech was really all that good, yes they won the ACC, but they kind of backed into it.

The Bowl game wasn't that close. Cincy is a good team, but they just aren't ready for the Big Time.

Wouldn't you usually get dominated with stats like that. 20-7 was the score, if VT was capable they would have won by more. From what I remember of that game Cincy had little chance. They simply do not have the athletes that the big boys have and it's easy to see. And it's not like Virginia Tech was really all that good, yes they won the ACC, but they kind of backed into it.

The Bowl game wasn't that close. Cincy is a good team, but they just aren't ready for the Big Time.

You are way off. UC was in the red zone several times and Pike threw picks. UC was a deer in headlights on the big stage, but were still in a position to win the game into the 4th quarter. I don't think you would see that from them again after having that experience in their back pocket now. And if you don't think they have big boy talent, the NFL Execs that stand there scouting practice would disagree with you...