Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Meeks to test draft waters

Featured Replies

I would be a ballhog to if I had Porter, Harris and Perry S. to pass it too.

 

:thumb:

  • Replies 50
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to see Meeks return for one more year, especially under Clapari. I believe that it would help him considerably. Should he go I will wish him the best. This story is on WKYT news right now, R. Bromley said that Meeks was projected as a 2nd round pick and was hoping that pre draft work outs might improve his status.

 

I am certainly no UNC fan but watching their players in the presser after the won the national title I must say that is what college basketball is all about. I wish that more would cholose to remain in college. I love the college game an hate to see any kid leave early. I know that it is hard to blame them with all the NBA $$$$. I just really admire the ones that stay.

I want him to follow his dreams....not really, I choose to be selfish, and hope he comes back next year.

 

I don't agree with you much on here but I have to say that I agee with this. :thumb:

No suprise. I really think any underclassman that is going to get drafted should test the waters with no agent to get the experience and work on their weak spots. I still think he will be back.

I agree that there is a good chance that he wouldn't even get drafted but I disagree on him being a ball hog. As others have said, the ball needs to be in the best scorers hand the majority of the game and it was when Meeks had it.

I still think he stays at UK...

I agree that this is a sound decision at this time. He'll see what they think he needs to improve on, though it's not rocket science. Ball handling and on the ball defense. If he improves in those, he'll be a solid NBA player.

 

:thumb:

 

This decision is a no-brainer, and I was surprised that Meeks did not announce it earlier.

 

I think he returns when he finds out that his draft stock is not as high as he'd hoped.

One more thing:

 

This is what I love about John Calipari. Although I don't know for a fact, I'd imagine he told Meeks to test the waters. Cal's relationship with the players seems to be one built on honesty and what is best for the guys -- not necessarily the program.

 

He realizes that everybody's dream is to get to the NBA, and he's going to help them fulfill that dream. That, combined with his past track record & NBA experience (failure) is what allows him to be so attractive to so many top recruits.

One more thing:

 

This is what I love about John Calipari. Although I don't know for a fact, I'd imagine he told Meeks to test the waters. Cal's relationship with the players seems to be one built on honesty and what is best for the guys -- not necessarily the program.

 

He realizes that everybody's dream is to get to the NBA, and he's going to help them fulfill that dream. That, combined with his past track record & NBA experience (failure) is what allows him to be so attractive to so many top recruits.

Great post!

One more thing:

 

This is what I love about John Calipari. Although I don't know for a fact, I'd imagine he told Meeks to test the waters. Cal's relationship with the players seems to be one built on honesty and what is best for the guys -- not necessarily the program.

 

He realizes that everybody's dream is to get to the NBA, and he's going to help them fulfill that dream. That, combined with his past track record & NBA experience (failure) is what allows him to be so attractive to so many top recruits.

 

One of the first statements he made, "this program will be about the players..."

One more thing:

 

This is what I love about John Calipari. Although I don't know for a fact, I'd imagine he told Meeks to test the waters. Cal's relationship with the players seems to be one built on honesty and what is best for the guys -- not necessarily the program.

 

He realizes that everybody's dream is to get to the NBA, and he's going to help them fulfill that dream. That, combined with his past track record & NBA experience (failure) is what allows him to be so attractive to so many top recruits.

 

I completely agree...great post!

No suprise. I really think any underclassman that is going to get drafted should test the waters with no agent to get the experience and work on their weak spots. I still think he will be back.

 

I agree with you, any Junior should at least test the waters to see what they need to do their senior season to be drafted higher the next season.

Going on what CC said...

 

If anybody watched the press conference (I'm assuming many did) Cal talked about the players way more than anything else. Great tradition and great history is because of the great players in the past. It's obvious why Cal is so attractive to these recruits. These kids are coming to play for him, not necessarily the school.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.