Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Meeks to test draft waters

Featured Replies

A source close to Jodie Meeks told Yahoo! Sports on Monday that the Kentucky guard has decided to enter the NBA draft.

 

Meeks, a junior, will not hire an agent, meaning he could withdraw his name and return for his senior season if he is not satisfied with his draft status.

 

The 6-foot-4 Meeks was one of the few bright spots for a Kentucky squad that failed to reach the NCAA tournament for the first time in 18 years. His scoring average of 23.7 points ranked seventh in the nation, and his 54-point outing against Tennessee was a school record.

 

link

  • Replies 50
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a surprise. In fact, I think it's a good move. Meeks needs some accurate advice from the NBA on where he stands. I would guess he'll be back in Lexington next season, but you never know.

 

When is the deadline to withdraw?

The deadline to withdraw is June 16th. I do think that Meeks will return especially if he sees Cousins and Wall come to UK. Its just really going to test UK fans patience because we wont know for sure for about 2 months if Meeks is coming back or not. I hope he does whas best for him, and I think Calipari will help him make the best decision with Jodie's best interest at heart.

He had a great year, I think he should try it. But I really don't see him getting drafted.

From what I have read about him pro scouts have him going late in the second round or not at all. Since only first round picks get guaranteed money looks like he will probably be back next season.

Does PP now try the same thing?

I can't blame him, but I would love to see him and Patterson back in college 1 more year. More than likely Meeks will be back as he isn't projected as a 1st round pick anywhere I have seen.

No reason not to do this as a junior. You get a free pass to come back, and you get to go through the process so you know how it operates next year.

 

I do think he'll be back next year though.

He wont get drafted. Meeks is a ballhog, and in the NBA you can only be a ballhog if your name is Kobe,D.Wade, or King James.

Good move by him to see were he stands. It will only help him and UK b/c he will know he has some weaknesses in his game to work on. I would not be suprised to see PP follow suit, as long as they don't hire an agent I don't see it as a negative.

He wont get drafted. Meeks is a ballhog, and in the NBA you can only be a ballhog if your name is Kobe,D.Wade, or King James.

 

I would be a ballhog to if I had Porter, Harris and Perry S. to pass it too.

He wont get drafted. Meeks is a ballhog, and in the NBA you can only be a ballhog if your name is Kobe,D.Wade, or King James.

 

Wow, ballhog. Strong words in my opinion. I disagree, toward the end of the season he did try to do to much but it seemed as if he had to, hard to get open without any offense being ran for you. :idunno:

He wont get drafted. Meeks is a ballhog, and in the NBA you can only be a ballhog if your name is Kobe,D.Wade, or King James.

 

Have to admit there were times I thought this as well. Oh, well atleast he was someone putting the ball in the net, UK didn't have too many people they could count on to score last season.

 

Meeks has to do this, meaning declare for the draft. He isn't going to leave, IMO. But, he can get a free evaluation of his draft stock, and find out what he needs to improve on next year for the draft. I believe they are going to tell him to get stronger, handle the ball better, and if possible, get quicker. He isn't an NBA player right now, but after next year he could really shoot up the board. Right now he is a good but streaky shooter and that is about it. He needs to be more consistent on his drives to the basket, that is where starting NBA 2 guards often make there way in the league. A complete offensive arsenal would only benefit him. Luckily, he can come back to a coach who is really suited to polish future NBA players games.:thumb:

Wow, ballhog. Strong words in my opinion. I disagree, toward the end of the season he did try to do to much but it seemed as if he had to, hard to get open without any offense being ran for you. :idunno:

 

It's hard to do anything when you need to lead the team in scoring but your coach tells you he'll kick you off the team if you shoot again.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.