Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Meeks to test draft waters

Featured Replies

Its a free pass to see exactly how good he is. Sounds like a no brainer...

  • Replies 50
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that this is a sound decision at this time. He'll see what they think he needs to improve on, though it's not rocket science. Ball handling and on the ball defense. If he improves in those, he'll be a solid NBA player.

Meeks will not be a first round pick. He would be a late second rounder and probably end up in the Development league or over seas.

Meeks will not be a first round pick. He would be a late second rounder and probably end up in the Development league or over seas.

 

I agree. He may be drafted in the 2nd Round, but I don't know that he would make a roster next season. He would likely play in the NBDL and take the Azubuike route.

I agree. He may be drafted in the 2nd Round, but I don't know that he would make a roster next season. He would likely play in the NBDL and take the Azubuike route.

 

And that route hasn't turned out too bad. Azubuike is averaging 14 and 5 in 32 minutes per game for Golden State. But it took a little while to get there.

 

I could imagine Meeks putting up similar NBA numbers, but I'd like to see him go straight into the league and play. Coming back for his senior year would likely give him a better opportunity to do so.

And that route hasn't turned out too bad. Azubuike is averaging 14 and 5 in 32 minutes per game for Golden State. But it took a little while to get there.

 

I could imagine Meeks putting up similar NBA numbers, but I'd like to see him go straight into the league and play. Coming back for his senior year would likely give him a better opportunity to do so.

 

Azubuike would have been better suited to come back to Kentucky, as well - but, his family situation dictated his decision. If it were truly a basketball decision, he should have returned.

 

Meeks will likely be back in my opinion. I don't think it would be any fun to bounce around the D-League on a minimal salary.

I could see this turning out like Bogans' flirtation with the league. He entered his name with no agent and got a honest evaluation of himself. It really changed his work ethic and made him into a better college player the following year at UK.

OK to get the feedback but IMO he isn't ready and would most likely be a 1st rounder with another year at UK under his belt

This may be the best thing to happen to Meeks. If scouts give him specific parts of his game to improve on he could come back and help out big time next year for UK. The one area that he has down is his shooting and that is proven, so I wouldn't be surprised if he came back to school and his numbers looked something like 17 8 and 6 with him having an emphasis on improving everything but his scoring.

IMO he won't get drafted in the first round and will come back

I heard coach on the radio Monday say the he encouraged both Patterson and Meeks to throw their name in the draft to see their status. Basically said if they are lottery picks they should go to the NBA. If they are late first round or second round they should come back and prepare themselves to be lottery picks the following year. Both are projected late first round, so if they follow Coach's advice they will be back.

I was hoping he would stay and see how he would do on game days when he could get some rest before the tipoff.

 

BallHog...look it up in the dictionary and you would see my picture. And many of us here too.:jump:

I want him to follow his dreams....not really, I choose to be selfish, and hope he comes back next year.

I heard coach on the radio Monday say the he encouraged both Patterson and Meeks to throw their name in the draft to see their status. Basically said if they are lottery picks they should go to the NBA. If they are late first round or second round they should come back and prepare themselves to be lottery picks the following year. Both are projected late first round, so if they follow Coach's advice they will be back.

 

I haven't seen Meeks projected in the first round anywhere. Where did you see that at?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.