Everything posted by strongopenyon
-
Somerset Gym Refurbished
My Dad played in this gym back in the 1940's. They did an outstanding job on the renovation.
-
Lexington Christian Academy 43 Lexington Catholic 7
I attended Lexington Christian's game with Frederick Douglass last season. It was NOT a beatdown. LCA moved the football very well, but did not put it in the end zone. I recall walking away from that game thinking the score was certainly not indicative of how well LCA competed with Douglass.
-
Madison Central 101 Lexington Catholic 97 (11th Region Quarterfinals)
The shooting percentages are unbelievable.
-
Henry Clay 7 Lafayette 0
Congratulations to Henry Clay Coach Demetrius Gay who picks up his first win as head coach of the Blue Devils.. Henry Clay breaks a three season, 14 game losing streak
-
Frederick Douglass 40 Lexington Christian Academy 6
I wish I would have known you were at the game. I would have loved to have said hello.
-
Frederick Douglass 40 Lexington Christian Academy 6
I agree, Guru!
-
Frederick Douglass 40 Lexington Christian Academy 6
I see a lot of talent on the Douglas team. I also see a very undisciplined team at times. That will catch up to you. Lexington Christian played the Broncos tough, although the score really doesn't indicate such. LCC has a nice team and will be a team to be reckoned with in Kentucky Class 2A.
-
Bryan Station 20 Henry Clay 10
It has been a very long time for the Blue Devils. With just under 4 minutes left, it was looking very favorable for Henry Clay. Their defense then gave up a 3rd and 19 conversion and a long touchdown pass to go down by four. During the next series, Bryan Station scored on a pick six. ? Winning close football games is nearly as much a mental mind-set as a physical one. The Blue Devils need to learn how to win again.
-
Why is there such a disparity between Indiana and Kentucky HS hoops?
It sounds like the only thing Kentucky has on Indiana is a better, one class high school basketball tournament (Sweet Sixteen). I might better understand Indiana's decision to go to multiple classes after learning that Carmel High School has nearly 5000 students in grades 9-12. It doesn't quite seem fair that a small town high school with, say, 300 students in grades 9-12 would have to tackle that giant. Nonetheless, Kentucky's idea of crowning just one champion is the best. Many in Indiana wishes their tournament didn't go to multiple classes because the tournament has not been the same since the change.
-
Lafayette 2017 grad Jedrick Wills Jr. drafted by the Cleveland Browns.
Congratulations to Jedrick Wills, Jr.! To go in the top 10 in a draft is off the charts.
-
Lexington Catholic/Scott County (11th Region Championship) Predictions/Updates
WRONG!
-
Scott County 65 Lexington Catholic 62 (11th Region Championship)
Just....wow! I am surprised here. Scott County enters the district with a losing record and goes on to win the region. Congratulations to the Cardinals and Coach Glenn.
-
Lexington Catholic/Scott County (11th Region Championship) Predictions/Updates
Yes I did. I saw Douglass beat Henry Clay in the first game of the season. I knew Douglass was a tough match up for the Devils. ☹️
-
Lexington Catholic/Scott County (11th Region Championship) Predictions/Updates
I have seen Scott County play multiple times and I have yet to see anything from them to make me think they can beat Lexington Catholic this afternoon in the 11th Region final. I see the Knights easily booking a ticket to Rupp Arena.
-
Time to have top teams in the Regional
You forgot to mention Washington County.
-
8th Region Technicals
:)
-
Frederick Douglass 108 Henry Clay 104 (2OT)
This was a tough one for Henry Clay. Having to play their first district game against a team who has won nearly 20 games, including a defeat of Henry Clay to open the season, proved to be too much. These kids are very familar with one another and some of them started their career at Henry Clay before Frederick Douglass opened its doors. To say the Frederick Douglass kids were not afraid or in awe of the Blue Devils would be an understandment. Douglass had lost 5 of their last 7 games coming into the tournament, but they defeated Sayre on Monday night and rode the momentum from that into the Henry Clay game last night. The Blue Devils had won 18 games in a row coming into this game, but couldn't quite get to a school record of 19 straight wins. You know.....this is why I love this time of year of tournament basketball. Davey can slay Goliath (not quite that big an upset in this case). This is one of the reasons why the state of Kentucky has the greatest high school tournament in the country. 200+ schools starting the tournament with a clean slate and, at least a chance of winning it all. One winner. It is the way it should be. I am sad, but happy for this treasure the state of Kentucky has in its high school basketball.
-
Frederick Douglass 108 Henry Clay 104 (2OT)
- John Hardin at Marion County Predictions/Updates
Not knowing the final score, I was going to make a prediction. I would have missed the margin of victory by 14 points, AND I picked the wrong team. Wow, Marion County! Peaking at the right time?- Henry Clay 76 Taylor County 40
The Blue Devils are on a roll. Big game on Tuesday night at Scott County versus the Sayre/Frederick Douglass winner. Stay humble, stay hot Henry Clay!- Lafayette 88 Frederick Douglass 77
Upset win for the Lafayette Generals. Big Ray Surratt is lighting up the scoreboard right now. Large presence inside and can accurately shoot the three.- Henry Clay 67 Scott County 61
Nice district win at home for Henry Clay. Scott County kept playing hard and whittling away at Henry Clay's lead, but the Blue Devils held them off in the end. A great night at the Elmer T. Gilb Student Center/Al Prewitt Gymnasium. The Henry Clay state of Kentucky soccer championship team was recognized. The National Anthem was performed by Gregory Turay...a world renowed American tenor and Metropolitan Opera performer. After watching Chaka Khan absolutely butcher our country's Anthem at the NBA All-star game on Sunday, it was refreshing to hear the great talent of Gregory Turay. And, of course, seeing the Blue Devils win their 16th in a row.- BluegrassPreps Boys Basketball Top 20 Rankings Week 11 Discussion
I like seeing Henry Clay in the top ten. I actually think they should be a little higher because I see teams above them who they would beat, but this is a pretty good spot to be at this point in the season. Go Devils!- John Hardin 75 Bardstown 70
John Hardin with a nice bounce back win.- Paul Laurence Dunbar 72 Frederick Douglass 65
Dunbar with a little surprise here in Lexington. They will travel to Henry Clay on Thursday night. - John Hardin at Marion County Predictions/Updates