Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8th Region Technicals

Featured Replies

Sounds like technical foul calls were crucial in both the Henry County - Carroll County and the South Oldham - North Oldham game. Tough to see that during post season play. 8th Region refs flexing tonight!

 

We’re there any T’s in the Woodford County - Spencer County game?

No, there was not.

T's were flying in Warsaw tonight. Unfortunately, the officials let the Carroll/Henry game get away from them and used the Technicals to re-gain control of the game. I will say that one official has a hair trigger on that, while others showed restraint. Very inconsistent.

  • Author

Disappointing to hear about a kid's career ending on a technical foul, especially if it wasn't an obvious no-brainer. Would love to see officials exercise some restraint in those circumstances . . . the good ones do. The other factor is the impact on the game, score, momentum, etc. Wish they would stop the game, issue warnings, etc. more than hand out reactionary technicals.

I was at the South vs North game last night. In my opinion, the refs took control early in the game by calling alot of fouls on both teams (over 20 fouls in first half) fairly equally. So, the game might have been "choppy" based on the all the stoppage of play.

Its disappointing Higdon's high school career ended on a technical, he's an outstanding player. However, in this case, I believe the technical was warranted. What he yelled is unacceptable and should not be allowed. So, I believe that was a "no brainer" and justified. Its unfortunate timing and sad to see his career end that way, but I don't think the ref had a choice.

I was at the South vs North game last night. In my opinion, the refs took control early in the game by calling alot of fouls on both teams (over 20 fouls in first half) fairly equally. So, the game might have been "choppy" based on the all the stoppage of play.

Its disappointing Higdon's high school career ended on a technical, he's an outstanding player. However, in this case, I believe the technical was warranted. What he yelled is unacceptable and should not be allowed. So, I believe that was a "no brainer" and justified. Its unfortunate timing and sad to see his career end that way, but I don't think the ref had a choice.

 

The same official had an opportunity to make a bigger deal out of an incident a few moments before this but instead issued a stern warning. I didn’t hear what was said that prompted the technical, but figured it must have been T worthy. There wasn’t any delay on the call.

Don’t open your mouth as a player and you don’t get technicals...especially 2 in one game.

Don’t open your mouth as a player and you don’t get technicals...especially 2 in one game.

 

I think you're on to something.

  • Author

There’s a wide range of what the various administrators allow. Some watch over sections like a hawk and often stifle creativity . . . and attendance. Some let almost everything go (stuff like last night, chanting profanity after a bad call, etc).

Edited by theguru
Rule 8

That is nothing. Go to any game involving one of the Oldham Schools playing eachother. Those kids would make a sailor blush.

Absolutely.

 

Yes. I was sitting across the aisle from one student section.

 

Why aren't the school administrators at the game stepping in to stop this stuff?

 

Thanks guys and along with what tcjkbt mentioned, if the administrators are going to allow this kind of garbage at high school sporting events it is no surprise that the student-athletes are going to run their mouths too.

 

In other words if it wasn't clear I place the blame squarely on the shoulders of the administrators.

 

With all that said, there is no excuse for a high school athlete running her/his mouth about anything during a KHSAA event.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.