8th Region Technicals

I have been going to high school basketball games for 30+ years all over the state. Student sections are much smaller and calmer now than they were even 10-15 years ago. They used to be ruthless to the opposing school and even their players. I remember several student sections would print out the roster from the other team and research their insults towards players. You see very little if any of that now, very few even make enough noise to be noticed. I like having a rowdy and even a little edgy student section at games. It makes for a great intense atmosphere which is what we used to have in the majority of high school basketball games. I am not saying use profanity or anything that would be deemed extremely derogatory but a little banter and harmless insults are fine in my eyes. Without fans and back and forth you do not have rivalries nor do you have this message board. The players and coaches on the floor should have the discipline to ignore the crowd and not getting caught up in the fan antics. That has always been a part of sports and should continue to be. There are ZERO excuses for a player to ever cuss at an office which is what appears to have happened in both cases on this thread the players were completely responsible for their actions on the court and the officials are going to hand out the consequences. I do not think you can blame school administrators or student sections for a player cussing at an official.

Nothing better than 2 good student sections at a game. Profanity is not needed and I honestly haven't encountered that too often. Some of the stuff they come up with is pretty darn good.

Nothing worse than student sections that show up, don't cheer, are on their phones and then start to cheer when their team is winning at the end.

Cheer the whole time and put some effort into it!!!!