13. Oldham County

14. Bourbon County

15. Collins

16. Butler

17. Warren Central

18. Bowling Green

19. Conner

20. LaRue County

Seems to be a bit of an over-reaction in regards to the two 8th Region teams. Collins drops all the way from 9th to 15th after a loss to Oldham County, a fellow ranked team and their primary regional rival??

I think Collins has proven themselves time and again to be worth of a ranking a bit higher. Shoot, there are three teams ranked ahead of Collins that the Titans have beaten - Madisonville-North Hopkins, McCracken County, and Bourbon County.

Likewise, I think Oldham's fall from 11 to 13 makes little sense. The Colonels, riding a 15 game winning streak and just a couple of days off the emotional rivalry win over #9 Collins on the road, got ambushed by a team that plays great defense - Anderson County leads the state in scoring defense - falling by just 5 points, while playing without one of their starting shooting guards.

I would have expected Oldham to stay put at 11 and Collins to be somewhere around 13. My two cents. :idunno:

Kind of hard to see McCracken - loser to Collins more or less on McCracken's home turf barely a week or two ago - ahead of the team that just beat them (Collins) and also ahead of the team that just beat Collins by double digits (Oldham). Had the McCracken vs Collins game been long ago, maybe...

Good to see LaRue getting some due....

Wondering whether DeSales and/or St. X deserve more love?

Henry Clay deserved a big move up - maybe higher.

Top 5: Male - Ballard - Covington Catholic - John Hardin - Ashland.

Random musings....:walk:

CM

Edited by ColonelMike

Seems to be a bit of an over-reaction in regards to the two 8th Region teams. Collins drops all the way from 9th to 15th after a loss to Oldham County, a fellow ranked team and their primary regional rival??

I think Collins has proven themselves time and again to be worth of a ranking a bit higher. Shoot, there are three teams ranked ahead of Collins that the Titans have beaten - Madisonville-North Hopkins, McCracken County, and Bourbon County.

Likewise, I think Oldham's fall from 11 to 13 makes little sense. The Colonels, riding a 15 game winning streak and just a couple of days off the emotional rivalry win over #9 Collins on the road, got ambushed by a team that plays great defense - Anderson County leads the state in scoring defense - falling by just 5 points, while playing without one of their starting shooting guards.

I would have expected Oldham to stay put at 11 and Collins to be somewhere around 13. My two cents. :idunno:

Kind of hard to see McCracken - loser to Collins more or less on McCracken's home turf barely a week or two ago - ahead of the team that just beat them (Collins) and also ahead of the team that just beat Collins by double digits (Oldham). Had the McCracken vs Collins game been long ago, maybe...

CM

Simple answer to the 8th region movement is that McCracken County, Elizabethtown and South Laurel all won last week. The rankings change from week to week based on wins and losses from the previous week not their yearly body of work.

Also, didn’t Collins lose a rotation player last week?

And....if we are going to add in conversation about yearly results then it should be noted that Collins is 3-5 this season against Top 20 opponents and Oldham County is 2-0 against Top 20 opponents.

DeSales and St. X both lost last week.

I was glad to see LaRue County and Conner get some love this week. Conner has one of the longest winning streaks in the state and seem to be at worst the third best team in the 9th. I say they are second best. Huge week for LaRue County. Their stay in the top 20 could be short lived.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Henry Clay is a top 5 team. They are playing the way you want to be playing in February.

Edited by PurplePride92

CM

Not to mention that Collins has lost twice to teams outside the top BGP top 20, McCracken and Madisonville have not.