Madison Central 101 Lexington Catholic 97 (11th Region Quarterfinals)

In the win Madison Central shot 31/44 for 70.5% and were an amazing 15/21 from 3 for a 71.4% you will beat about anybody with shooting like that. Catholic was 33/64 for  51.6% and were 13/35 from 3 for 37.1%.

Madison Cent. was lead in scoring by Jalen Davis with 35 points and Kole Browne with 24. Catholic was lead in scoring by Ben Johnson with 41 and Ryan Russell with 25.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Randy Parker said:

Wow at the upset and wow at the points scored.

Madison Cent. while it was a slight upset is a lot better than people think. I think they only played 3 or 4 games with their entire team in the regular season and played a really tough schedule.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ColonelMike said:

#1 and #2 are both now sidelined....

I think it’s safe to say that records and rankings really mean Jack this year. You’ve got teams that have played 15 games going up against teams who’ve played 30. You’ve got teams who have missed extensive periods of their season because they were quarantined competing against teams who maybe had similar periods of time where they didn’t play but could practice (if their opponents were quarantined). 

There’s always a place in Kentucky’s basketball postseason for upsets, but I think it’s never been more wide open. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, wrn1979 said:

I think it’s safe to say that records and rankings really mean Jack this year. You’ve got teams that have played 15 games going up against teams who’ve played 30. You’ve got teams who have missed extensive periods of their season because they were quarantined competing against teams who maybe had similar periods of time where they didn’t play but could practice (if their opponents were quarantined). 

There’s always a place in Kentucky’s basketball postseason for upsets, but I think it’s never been more wide open. 

Also evidenced throughout the season by highly-ranked teams taking blowout losses....