Tipping ettiquette

hurricane

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes at Skyline I'll pay the tip for the people behind us since they're wearing all the cheese...

Is your wife and mine talking again? We just ate there and had this exact conversation. My wife wanted me to leave a mortgage payment because they were going to need to steam clean the faux-carpet under our booth.

As to the question, I tip a bunch. If the service is average I calculate 20% and then round up to the nearest dollar. If it is especially good or a server that I particularly like (like my friend Rachel at Willie's that many of you have met), I calculate 25% and then round up to the nearest dollar.

If the server was ridiculous, not the service because some of that is out of their control, but the server was bad, I tip 0 - 10% based on attitude and other factors. And only when I have the cash to cover the bill - I'm not using a Debit card / Credit Card and making a statement. :D

If I'm by myself or with the wife, I'll tip around 20% if they give sufficient service. If I have my youngest, I'll tip close to 40%. Poor people have no idea what they're getting into giving that kid a fork...

Sometimes at Skyline I'll pay the tip for the people behind us since they're wearing all the cheese...

I used to be a Busser at Pompilio's years back when I was in school, I know your type with little kids all too well. If only everyone with little kids tipped like that, I wouldn't mind cleaning up your table after them. :thumb:

For the record, $5.00 would be 15% on a $33.33 bill. I have to say, unless I was paying for more than one person, I don't remember ever seeing a bill that high. Of course, I don't hang out at those fancy French places that Sticky and RP frequent. :cool:

I used to be a Busser at Pompilio's years back when I was in school, I know your type with little kids all too well. If only everyone with little kids tipped like that, I wouldn't mind cleaning up your table after them. :thumb:

Pompilio's...red spaghetti sauce...Dude, I'm paying for new curtains. It'll look like Louie's Restaurant in the Godfather...

For the record, $5.00 would be 15% on a $33.33 bill. I have to say, unless I was paying for more than one person, I don't remember ever seeing a bill that high. Of course, I don't hang out at those fancy French places that Sticky and RP frequent. :cool:

Sticky frequently treats his kids to the French restaurant Château Blanc.

As to the question, I tip a bunch. If the service is average I calculate 20% and then round up to the nearest dollar. :D

I do the round up as well. Not sure why since my credit card bill is never and even $$ amount but , hey, its what I do.

The only time I spend over 20 dollars on a check is when my girlfriend is with me.. even then she doesnt like to eat in public (some kind of phobia thing), so she doesnt get much.

Probably doesn't want to be seen in public with a cheapskate.:lol:

Just kidding bro.