Tipping ettiquette

hurricane

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give 20% at a minimum....even if the service is not up to my standard. If you have a problem with a server or they have a poor attitude you can take that up with management.....

For lunch I go with the standard 20%, but for the folks that I like they generally get 30%....I also believe that if you are getting carry-out and the bartender has to put it together that they should get tipped out as well.

20% standard for me for good service. More if it's better.

I've had extremely horrible service a couple of times, (rudeness, ineptness, ignoring me in general) they still get a tip. 1 penny placed iin the center of the table.

The penny is what I do as well if the service is awful. Of particular importance to me is that I have something to drink pretty much at all times. I can deal with a couple of minutes, but if I'm sitting there 10 minutes or longer without a drink, it's probably going to be a penny tip.

One time the server brought our food and I NEVER saw them again. I actually got up and filled my own drink and had to find a manager for my check.

You also have to remember to not penalize the waiter/waitress for what could be the fault of the kitchen.

Don't they split tips with the bus boys and cooks? When I worked one summer as a bus boy that's the way they did it.

I give 20% at a minimum....even if the service is not up to my standard. If you have a problem with a server or they have a poor attitude you can take that up with management.....

For lunch I go with the standard 20%, but for the folks that I like they generally get 30%....I also believe that if you are getting carry-out and the bartender has to put it together that they should get tipped out as well.

:thumb: