Are The Red Sox Going To Lose The Division?

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a very bad game. I thoght that Mussina should have been benched after his last game pitched. This game will be his last.

The Yankees will not catch up to the Red Sox. And they are, still, 2 behind in the wild card. That is there only chance of making the playoffs.

:thumb: I agree, 8 games back and 6 head to head with the Sox. Imo the Yanks would have to sweep and then get some help to take the division. I still believe that the Yankees will get the WC. I agree on Mussina as well, the Yankees have a pitcher in 3A that all reports were that he is breeezing and has at every level. I look for him to be up in the near future.

I think the Red Sox are a lock to win the division. The Yankees were exceptionally hot, but have cooled off lately. I think they have the bats to get into the playoffs, but the pitching is still a little suspect. I believe I would expand the roster with AAA talent and probably bench Mussina or use him as a long relief man. Perhaps they should've taken a chance on David Wells.

:thumb: I agree, 8 games back and 6 head to head with the Sox. Imo the Yanks would have to sweep and then get some help to take the division. I still believe that the Yankees will get the WC. I agree on Mussina as well, the Yankees have a pitcher in 3A that all reports were that he is breeezing and has at every level. I look for him to be up in the near future.

:thumb: I agree.

Its official, Mike Mussina will be skipped in his next scheduled start in favor of Ian Kennedy. Here's the link: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2995554

I'm suprised that he wasn't placed on the DL due to the giant fork sticking out from between his shoulderblades. I'm glad the Sox don't have $20 Million invested in Mussina and Igawa beyond this season. Our biggest mistake, Clement is a free agent after 2007.

Yankees beat the Red Sox tonight in the 1st game of their series. 7 games out now. Clemens vs. Beckett tommorrow night.

Two nights and two great pitching match ups.

The Yanks are 1 behind in the WC chase. But that can change. As long as the Mariners and the Yanks stay close, the better for the Yankees.

Mussina had won 4 in a row I believe before he went into this skid, the man can still pitch. Imo he will get whatever the problem is identified and will work it out. Mussina imo will come back and win a big one somewhere down the stretch for the Yanks.

I also love the way that the Yankees have went to the young kids/minors to put some excitement into this team's run from 14.5 back.

(and besides, if Mussina cannot come back to pitch and is considered to be "done", he still may have a future with the Reds, this is the type that they usually want to sign. LOL)

Mussina can still pitch, he just can't throw.

Rocket vs Beckett tonight...HELL YEAH!!! Doesn't get any better than that...

Hmmm.. and here I thought it was the other way around. He needs to work in the bullpen for a few games. To get his groove back. And if not, like OR said, let the Reds have him.