Are The Red Sox Going To Lose The Division?

The addition of Gagne has been a negative to the bullpen. My friend from the New England area and I were talking about it the day the trade happend and we both felt it was a terrible trade for the Red Sox. So far, he is making us look like geniuses.

I can see a point to this. Imo it goes along with the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it theory". I honestly believe that the Sox aquired Gagne to keep the Yankees form signing him..............period. I personally hope that they "Gag" on Gagne.:D

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see a point to this. Imo it goes along with the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it theory". I honestly believe that the Sox aquired Gagne to keep the Yankees form signing him..............period. I personally hope that they "Gag" on Gagne.:D

Leading up to the trade deadline, Gagne was brutal. Only thing he is living on is his past (which is impressive, none-the-less)... thing is, the Red Sox gave up a really good player with a solid future, imo, to get Gagne. I honestly did not understand it.

The yankees dont have the pitching to catch up with the Bosox. I think the Sox will win the division and the yankees will be on the outside looking in on the playoffs.

Go Red Sox

The Yankees pitching is looking better all the time. There 2 or 3 pitchers that have been brought up through the farm system that are now contibuting to the staff very well. I also believe that Roger Clemens influence and experience is a positive as well. He hasn't "tore it up" as they say since his return but they were 3 below .500 (I believe) when they aquired him and are now 15 above .500 . Clemens is not the sole reason for that but imo he sure doesn't hurt.

GO YANKEES :flame:

Imo the biggest thing in the Sox favor is that in the rest of the season they will be playing the Devil Rays 12 times and the Yankees are now going into a very tough stretch in the next 3-4 weeks.

This is a very important part of the season. The next few weeks will tell alot. The Yanks have beaten up the lower performing teams except for sweeping the Indians. I don't think the Sox will loose the division, but I do believe the Yanks will be in the WC.

Shelley FREAKIN Duncan. Down 3-0 in the bottom of 9 with 2 out and 2 on he hits a 3 run bomb to send it to extras.

There was going to be a major problem if these team was shutout in back to back games...

Unfortunately the Red Sox have come back from a 6-0 deficit with the tying run on second in the ninth and 1 out...

Baltimore makes it 4-3 in the top of 10. Manny hitting with 2 on and 2 out down 6-5...

6-3 Baltimore...

ManRam strikes out swinging to end the game. Runner on 2nd and 0 outs and they couldn't tie the game with their big bats. Surprises the crap out of me. I thought Youk, Big Papi or ManRam would've gotten it done...