Are The Red Sox Going To Lose The Division?

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yankees Win Again Tonight. (4-3)Clemens has a good outing, took a no no into the 6th, bullpen came in and the Sox came back, Rivera the came in and closed them down.

Mariners lost as well

Yankees are 6 back in the East and are now TIED in the WC race.

Beckett shuts them down to get the game back.

Clemens got him tonight ;) , The Rocket lives for these kind of games and will come out ahead on them more often than not. Beckett is one of the best in the game today and tonight was going against arguably maybe the best of all time.

I had meant to say "one of the best" all time and I believe that he will be considered as such. Not THE best RH, I would tag Bon Gibson and Don Drysdale before Clemens.

I would put the likes of Gibson and Cy Young ahead of him easily. Possibly a couple others. I agree he is one of the best, but not the best.

The thing that frustrated me tonight was it didn't seem like Clemens even had that good of stuff. The Sox were not taking advantage of his mistakes, and they paid for it.

BTW, did anyone else think that the umps strike zone was awful tonight? There were about 5 or 6 calls against both teams that I was shocked by.

You didn't read post #83 a little bit up the page did you?:D

You know, I looked to see if anyone had posted about Mussina and I didn't see yours. I don't know how I missed it. That and not trusting anything coming from a BoSox fan. :D

Exact same spot they were in a week ago.....and with 7 less games to play.:sssh: :sssh: :D

And 3 games better than they were going into the series with the BoSox :D .

Wang took an no hitter into the 7th. Cano hit 2 out as the Yanks beat Schilling (that made it all the more better :D ):thumb: .

SWEEP....SWEEP!!