Are The Red Sox Going To Lose The Division?

It has to make a dent that everyone thought the Red Sox pitching would silence the Yanks bats. Didn't the Yanks just face their 1-2-3 pitchers? Not having Manny was huge but don't think that's not in the back of the Sawx' mind...

I think the Yanks pitching won this series...their bats didn't exactly explode. Was it 14 runs in 3 games...while I'd have hoped for better, it's not like they trounced the Red Sox...I mean, seriously, Texas does that in one inning man. :D :thumb:

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Yanks pitching won this series...their bats didn't exactly explode. Was it 14 runs in 3 games...while I'd have hoped for better, it's not like they trounced the Red Sox...I mean, seriously, Texas does that in one inning man. :D :thumb:

I agree, it was just said that the Red Sox pitching would hold the offense in check...WHICH would turn in to Red Sox wins...

It has to make a dent that everyone thought the Red Sox pitching would silence the Yanks bats. Didn't the Yanks just face their 1-2-3 pitchers? Not having Manny was huge but don't think that's not in the back of the Sawx' mind...

Hey mitts, kind of ironic that you mentioned "Dent" in a Red Sox Post :lol: . By the way, this year does mark the 30 year anniversery of that proud moment in Sox history.:sssh: :D

On a side note, the next series will be UGLY! Especially if it has division championship implications. I can't imagine why Chamberlain would throw at Youk in that situation. Quite frankly, there's never a reason for him to throw at his head anyway. Not sure what he was thinking. It's going to be tough to justify that he didn't do it on purpose, especially with is 0.00 era.

Youk didn't sound too happy and I don't blame him. I hope the Rocket grabs this kid by the ear and shows him when and how to protect your teammates. A player arguing with an ump certainly isn't one of those situations...

On a side note, the next series will be UGLY! Especially if it has division championship implications. I can't imagine why Chamberlain would throw at Youk in that situation. Quite frankly, there's never a reason for him to throw at his head anyway. Not sure what he was thinking. It's going to be tough to justify that he didn't do it on purpose, especially with is 0.00 era.

Youk didn't sound too happy and I don't blame him. I hope the Rocket grabs this kid by the ear and shows him when and how to protect your teammates. A player arguing with an ump certainly isn't one of those situations...

I'll say this about the Yankees and Red Sox: I still think Boston will win the AL East, but if the Yankess win the wild card and these teams meet in the post-season, I'd bet on the Yankees to win that series.

I'll say this about the Yankees and Red Sox: I still think Boston will win the AL East, but if the Yankess win the wild card and these teams meet in the post-season, I'd bet on the Yankees to win that series.

I completely agree. I just love seeing Sawx fans squirm...

He should be facing a long suspension IMO. They were talking on First Take about how they think Clemens told him to do it.

I think ARod or Jeter get some chin music when they come to Fenway in September.

He should be facing a long suspension IMO. They were talking on First Take about how they think Clemens told him to do it.

I think ARod or Jeter get some chin music when they come to Fenway in September.

No way. That's a joke and I question their credibility.

No way. That's a joke and I question their credibility.

I agree. I don't think that Clemens would tell him to do so in that situation either. I didn't like it either. He may have gotten by with explaining away just the one over the head but not two. To me that was just adding more fuel to the fire as if a Yankees/Sox series needed it. Bottom line is that the Yankees have to keep winning and hope that they get some help along the way with some teams beating Boston and/or Boston choking.

I can agree, imo the Sox will win the East. I am just hoping for a Yankee comeback or a Yankee WC and then will see what happens in the post season.

I can agree, imo the Sox will win the East. I am just hoping for a Yankee comeback or a Yankee WC and then will see what happens in the post season.

I'm hoping they don't make it. That's why I hated to see them sweep Boston...not so much that I'm afraid the Sox will collapse and blow the division, but they had a chance to really damage the Yankees playoff chances and they dropped 3 straight.

If they meet in the playoffs, I don't even want to watch it because I have no faith in Boston when they play the Yankees in pressure situations...like last year when they had 5 games to make a move in the division and dropped them all. Other than coming from 3-0 down, have they ever had success against NY...