Are The Red Sox Going To Lose The Division?

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red Sox sweep a double header from the White Sox 11-3 and 10-1 while the Yankees lose on a 10th inning walk off homerun to Detroit 9-6. That makes the margin 6 1/2 games with 33 to go. In what could be an ominous sign for the rest of the league Big Papi seems to have recovered from his shoulder injury as he went 4-5 with 2 HRs yesterday--his power seems to be returning for the stretch run. On a side note I watched the 2nd game on WGN last night--are there any more annoying announcers than the White Sox crew. They were pulling their "he gone" schtick even though their team was getting clobbered 10-1. It just made kicking their butts that much sweeter.

^ Seattle won as well I noticed so that was a double whammy bad night for the Yanks. I still believe that the Yankees are going to take the WC. Overtaking the Sox will be tough and they(Boston) will almost have to have big time collapse. Yankees/Sox have 6 left head to head so it is not out of the question, just improbable.

(and Yes Joe, I survived the h.s. football game last night :lol: . Still a little weak but my team has a bye week coming up next week and I should be able to go again in two weeks :thumb: :D )

P.S. - Joe, you are not bad at all...........for a Red Sox fan :sssh: :p GO YANKEES!!

^ Seattle won as well I noticed so that was a double whammy bad night for the Yanks. I still believe that the Yankees are going to take the WC. Overtaking the Sox will be tough and they(Boston) will almost have to have big time collapse. Yankees/Sox have 6 left head to head so it is not out of the question, just improbable.

(and Yes Joe, I survived the h.s. football game last night :lol: . Still a little weak but my team has a bye week coming up next week and I should be able to go again in two weeks :thumb: :D )

P.S. - Joe, you are not bad at all...........for a Red Sox fan :sssh: :p GO YANKEES!!

LOL:D

Red Sox sweep a double header from the White Sox 11-3 and 10-1 while the Yankees lose on a 10th inning walk off homerun to Detroit 9-6. That makes the margin 6 1/2 games with 33 to go. In what could be an ominous sign for the rest of the league Big Papi seems to have recovered from his shoulder injury as he went 4-5 with 2 HRs yesterday--his power seems to be returning for the stretch run. On a side note I watched the 2nd game on WGN last night--are there any more annoying announcers than the White Sox crew. They were pulling their "he gone" schtick even though their team was getting clobbered 10-1. It just made kicking their butts that much sweeter.

Great night for the Sox! I stayed up until 3:30 in the morning watching the Yankees game. I'm just glad the Tigers won. :D I watched the game as well, and I was thinking the same thing about the announcers. They've always had the worst in baseball IMO.

BTW, how awesome is Dustin Pedroia? I love watching that guy play. He isn't flashy or anything like that he just does his job, and has done it very well.

BoSox have a 4-0 lead going into the bottom of 7 today. Yankees get Bonderman later this evening.

Red Sox completed a 4 game sweep of the White Sox today, and did so in convincing fashion. The Yankees lost 5-4 to the Tigers dropping them 7.5 games out of the AL East and 2.5 games back of the WC (Seattle has yet to play today) with 31 to play.

The BoSox have tomorrow off as the Yankees try to salvage a series split against Detroit.

Pitching matchups for the BoSox/Yanks series are as follows....

Tuesday: A. Pettite vs. D. Matsusaka

Wednesday: R.Clemens vs. J. Beckett

Thursday: C. Wang vs. C. Schilling

If the Yankees don't sweep the series they can kiss any hopes of the AL East goodbye.

Red Sox completed a 4 game sweep of the White Sox today, and did so in convincing fashion. The Yankees lost 5-4 to the Tigers dropping them 7.5 games out of the AL East and 2.5 games back of the WC (Seattle has yet to play today) with 31 to play.

The BoSox have tomorrow off as the Yankees try to salvage a series split against Detroit.

Pitching matchups for the BoSox/Yanks series are as follows....

Tuesday: A. Pettite vs. D. Matsusaka

Wednesday: R.Clemens vs. J. Beckett

Thursday: C. Wang vs. C. Schilling

If the Yankees don't sweep the series they can kiss any hopes of the AL East goodbye.

The odds would still be against them even if they did sweep...if the Sox can win just one of those 3 games, we should be able to put this thread to rest...:thumb:

The odds would still be against them even if they did sweep...if the Sox can win just one of those 3 games, we should be able to put this thread to rest...:thumb:

Yeah, I just saw on MLB.com that any combination of 25 Red Sox wins and/or Yankee losses will clinch it for the Sox. So if they go 15-16 the rest of the way, the Yankees would have to go 23-9 just to tie them.

I guess a man with your avatar didn't care much for the game last night :sssh:

It was a very bad game. I thoght that Mussina should have been benched after his last game pitched. This game will be his last.

The Yankees will not catch up to the Red Sox. And they are, still, 2 behind in the wild card. That is there only chance of making the playoffs.