Are The Red Sox Going To Lose The Division?

If things hold up, the Sox will have a 6 game lead in the East, and the Mariners will have a 2.5 game lead in the WC.

36 games remaining.....

out of that 36 games, 6 are with the Yankees, so much ball still to be played.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night's game was a bad one for the Yanks. 10 RBI's by Garret Anderson. That is just crazy. ARod was the last one to do that... against the Angels.

New York is like Cincinatti, they need more starting pitching. Mussina is awful. Wang isn't really that much, Petitte and Clemens are off an on. Andy has had a couple of good games and so has Roger, though.

Last night's game was a bad one for the Yanks. 10 RBI's by Garret Anderson. That is just crazy. ARod was the last one to do that... against the Angels.

New York is like Cincinatti, they need more starting pitching. Mussina is awful. Wang isn't really that much, Petitte and Clemens are off an on. Andy has had a couple of good games and so has Roger, though.

If the Yankees make the postseason would Mussina even be on the postseason roster? I know that enormous salad fork sticking out from between his shoulder blades makes it hard to pitch but he's been horrendous.

If the Yankees make the postseason would Mussina even be on the postseason roster? I know that enormous salad fork sticking out from between his shoulder blades makes it hard to pitch but he's been horrendous.

Clemens, Wang, Pettite would be definites... I guess they throw in Mussina as the 4th. I would not think there would be enough confidence in Hughes yet.

The Sox will win the East. I think they've seen the Yankees best charge and they still have a 6 game cushion. With their pitching, I think that's probably going to be a little too much for the Yanks to overcome, unless they sweep, or take 5 of the last 6 head-to-head. Those head-to-head matchups are what it all comes down to for the Yanks at this point, IMO. They still have a solid shot at the WC, but if they want to win the east, they'll have to do it by beating the BoSox straight up.