Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ahmaud Arbery

Featured Replies

Probably crap their pants and somehow hope they survive it.

 

Exactly, so AA trying to disarm the son was a natural reaction since he didn’t have a weapon to fight himself.

  • Replies 497
  • Views 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • PurplePride92
    PurplePride92

    The three men have been indicted on hate crime and attempted kidnapping charges by a federal prosecutor.           

  • John Anthony
    John Anthony

    AHMAUD ARBERY’S FATHER: "All lives matter, not just blacks. We don't wanna see nobody go through this...It's all our problem. So hey, let's keep fighting, let's keep doing it, & making this place

  • I am glad you were right. Justice has been served in this case. 

Posted Images

All of this back and forth and still nobody can tell me what the defense will use in court?

 

This is why I and a lot of other people loathe defense lawyers...but, I'd imagine the first thing they (the defense) would try to do is to get the video to be inadmissible. Not sure what steps were actually taken in order to officially get it, but I think they'll make sure every i was dotted and every t was crossed. You get rid of the video, and it's two guys' words against a dead man who can't talk. Then they'll take to smearing the victim's character (past charges, history, etc.) and then show him in the other video at the construction site. In the end, they'll tell the jury the defendants were just looking out for their neighbors. Heck, maybe they'll say these two should be awarded medals instead. All of which would be sickening.

This is why I and a lot of other people loathe defense lawyers...but, I'd imagine the first thing they (the defense) would try to do is to get the video to be inadmissible. Not sure what steps were actually taken in order to officially get it, but I think they'll make sure every i was dotted and every t was crossed. You get rid of the video, and it's two guys' words against a dead man who can't talk. Then they'll take to smearing the victim's character (past charges, history, etc.) and then show him in the other video at the construction site. In the end, they'll tell the jury the defendants were just looking out for their neighbors. Heck, maybe they'll say these two should be awarded medals instead. All of which would be sickening.

 

Even if all this is true I still think they went too far. Follow him home then call the cops, don’t bring weapons, try to detain him 3-1 with no weapons (still not a good idea,) in my mind they over reached.

Even if all this is true I still think they went too far. Follow him home then call the cops, don’t bring weapons, try to detain him 3-1 with no weapons (still not a good idea,) in my mind they over reached.

 

Oh they absolutely went too far. I thought you were asking what defense they would present in court. If they can squash the video, and find 12 jurors who haven't seen it...then it becomes their word against a dead man's.

Oh they absolutely went too far. I thought you were asking what defense they would present in court. If they can squash the video, and find 12 jurors who haven't seen it...then it becomes their word against a dead man's.

 

Even with the video I don’t see it. It’s not Gotham City down there and Batman and Robin don’t carry firearms.

This is why I and a lot of other people loathe defense lawyers...but, I'd imagine the first thing they (the defense) would try to do is to get the video to be inadmissible. Not sure what steps were actually taken in order to officially get it, but I think they'll make sure every i was dotted and every t was crossed. You get rid of the video, and it's two guys' words against a dead man who can't talk. Then they'll take to smearing the victim's character (past charges, history, etc.) and then show him in the other video at the construction site. In the end, they'll tell the jury the defendants were just looking out for their neighbors. Heck, maybe they'll say these two should be awarded medals instead. All of which would be sickening.

 

I know this isn't a TV show and a real man lost his life because of this, but that is exactly what they would try to do in The Practice (TV show that primarily focused on a criminal defense law firm).

This is why I and a lot of other people loathe defense lawyers...but, I'd imagine the first thing they (the defense) would try to do is to get the video to be inadmissible. Not sure what steps were actually taken in order to officially get it, but I think they'll make sure every i was dotted and every t was crossed. You get rid of the video, and it's two guys' words against a dead man who can't talk. Then they'll take to smearing the victim's character (past charges, history, etc.) and then show him in the other video at the construction site. In the end, they'll tell the jury the defendants were just looking out for their neighbors. Heck, maybe they'll say these two should be awarded medals instead. All of which would be sickening.

 

In many ways it is sad to say but over the years I have grown to dislike prosecutors almost as much as defense attorneys. I have seen too many cases where actions of prosecutors lead to perhaps more injustice due to actions by prosecutors than by defense attorneys. What I have seen in this case so far adds more to that perception.

Edited by Voice of Reason

What does average person do if 3 unknown people roll up them out of nowhere, with weapons?

 

Run, hide, or fight.

 

You better use a little common sense and try to talk the matter out, because exercising any of your three options will not be successful.

Even with the video I don’t see it. It’s not Gotham City down there and Batman and Robin don’t carry firearms.

 

But the defense will make the case this isn't about the shooters, it'll be about the victim. You know, a lifelong thug who was out casing his next score. They followed him down after he ran from the crime scene. After getting in front of him, they'll say he refused to lie face down on the pavement and wait for authorities, and then reached for one of their guns. After that, it was either kill or be killed. Simple self-defense.

 

You tell that story to 12 jurors who haven't seen/heard of the video...and what's the prosecutor going to come back with?

I know this isn't a TV show and a real man lost his life because of this, but that is exactly what they would try to do in The Practice (TV show that primarily focused on a criminal defense law firm).

 

I felt dirty even coming up with it hypothetically. Absolutely zero chance I could ever be a defense attorney.

Radical thought here but I am beginning to believe one of the best weapons to use to defend yourself is your cell phone to at least make sure the criminal doesn't get away with the crime. Pull that phone out, take pictures and text them to family. Call 911. Purposely and clearly start taking video of someone confronting you. Let the person confronting you know you have and are doing this with your phone.

 

In this case, if AA was aware these people were after him - take a picture of the vehicle and the license plate and text it. While still running, call the police and let them know what is happening. If on the phone while the confrontation starts, talk loudly and let them know you are on 911.

 

Obviously this became life and death and there will be some situations where the cell phone weapon is not going to help, but I think there are many situations where it can be used to defend yourself.

Radical thought here but I am beginning to believe one of the best weapons to use to defend yourself is your cell phone to at least make sure the criminal doesn't get away with the crime. Pull that phone out, take pictures and text them to family. Call 911. Purposely and clearly start taking video of someone confronting you. Let the person confronting you know you have and are doing this with your phone.

 

In this case, if AA was aware these people were after him - take a picture of the vehicle and the license plate and text it. While still running, call the police and let them know what is happening. If on the phone while the confrontation starts, talk loudly and let them know you are on 911.

 

Obviously this became life and death and there will be some situations where the cell phone weapon is not going to help, but I think there are many situations where it can be used to defend yourself.

 

I will FaceTime someone or go live every single time I get pulled over the rest of my life, and probably ask that someone screen records it too.

Anybody that carries, that's an easy answer IMO.

 

I will FaceTime someone or go live every single time I get pulled over the rest of my life, and probably ask that someone screen records it too.

 

I have a dash camera that has two cameras, one always shoots forward and the second one can be pointed at the driver and the window. Always recording when driving, it would catch any interaction with audio and video while keeping hands on the steering wheel.

I have a dash camera that has two cameras, one always shoots forward and the second one can be pointed at the driver and the window. Always recording when driving, it would catch any interaction with audio and video while keeping hands on the steering wheel.

 

Send me a link with what you have, if you don't mind.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.