Ahmaud Arbery

So there were some burglaries in the area at some unknown point in time. AA was out for a jog in a white neighborhood, saw a house under construction, went to look at it. Someone saw that and assumed it had to have been the same guy because he was black and there couldn’t possibly be any other black guys in their neighborhood. Someone called 911, the guys grabbed their guns, chased him down, and shot him when he was scared of two white dudes in a pickup truck with guns in their hands. It’s pretty obvious why he was shot. He was jogging while black.

There's video of him walking down the road, stopping for a moment in front of a house, then walking in the house and staying for several minutes.

Didn't look much like someone out jogging.

Before I get attacked for it....I am not saying this means he deserved to die.

How is that evidence that he wasn’t out for a jog when he stopped at the house? It sounds like you are making an assumption.

I read that the shooter's father had some past knowledge of AA. He was the investigator for the DA when AA had been arrested for bringing a gun to his high school. I don't know if he recognized him running down the street or not, that case was 7 or 8 years ago. AA was also prosecuted by the same DA office for theft charges later, but it wasn't clear if the dad was involved with that case.

If he recognized him, it could be another mitigating factor in the case.

I read that the shooter's father had some past knowledge of AA. He was the investigator for the DA when AA had been arrested for bringing a gun to his high school. I don't know if he recognized him running down the street or not, that case was 7 or 8 years ago. AA was also prosecuted by the same DA office for theft charges later, but it wasn't clear if the dad was involved with that case.

If he recognized him, it could be another mitigating factor in the case.

I didn't know he had criminal history for theft and guns.

I watched the second video, the news report I watched claimed he was at the construction site, which was more of an almost finished house, for approximately 6 minutes. Furthermore, he walked up to the "house" and went in. He wasn't jogging in the second video. I think his behavior in the second video is highly suspicious.

The bottom line for me here is if a white man did the same thing that AA did jogging and looking at the construction house, these men would not have confronted the white guy.

Preach!!!!!!

Maybe it’s just me but this is the most important fact in the case and the only one that matters IMO. People are displaying some elite level mental gymnastics trying to take racism out of the picture and rationalize why these men would act this way.

I know my fair share of racists and I still don’t know any who would have acted the way these men acted.

If I am not mistaken I don’t think Georgia has hate crime laws and we all agree these guys should be charged with murder, right? Or are people just trying to rationalize these men’s actions because they are bored sitting at home with nothing do? I’m genuinely curious. Everyone knows that this post of yours is the God’s honest truth I don’t care if he was in the construction site for an hour and threw a party there. There isn’t anything that anyone can say that will justify their actions.

The bottom line for me here is if a white man did the same thing that AA did jogging and looking at the construction house, these men would not have confronted the white guy.

Period.

These cowards had one thing in mind, proven by the fact that they had guns drawn when Ahmaud approached.

I watched the second video, the news report I watched claimed he was at the construction site, which was more of an almost finished house, for approximately 6 minutes. Furthermore, he walked up to the "house" and went in. He wasn't jogging in the second video. I think his behavior in the second video is highly suspicious.

What was he doing when he was killed?

I get where you're coming from but I'm not on board with it completely. People walk up to new housing developments, subdivisions, homes for sale on a regular basis. People that have no intent of stealing anything, or destroying anything. If the property is left wide open like this one was and there are no signs saying trespassers will be shot, or prosecuted, then it seems like fair game to me as long as the persons intentions are to just look around.

But then again even if they did plan on stealing something I'd never put myself in a position to have to kill them, by showing up with guns in hand. All in all its a bad scenario and the ppl in the truck never should have confronted the guy the way they did. Its just asking for something bad to happen then falling back on a defense that they were protecting themselves. While the victim likely had the same mindset when he saw a shotgun pointed at him.

In other words, regardless of their intentions, they turned this into something that could have been avoided. On top of that I'm not sure what their intentions were, but either they are idiots or they had bad intentions from the beginning.

I have walked through a lot of under construction houses.

Why?

I would no more walk through a construction site than I would through someone's yard.

What makes construction sites fair game to tresspass on, as many on here have said they have done?