Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ahmaud Arbery

Featured Replies

Pretty sure that would be trespassing.

Then I’m guilty of trespassing. I would imagine most of us on here would be at some point in our lives. It’s still a completely irrelevant talking point in this case because trespassing doesn’t warrant anything other than a conversation that hey you shouldn’t be here from either the owner or law enforcement. It’s irrelevant. We know why this guy was gunned down and it has absolutely nothing to do with trespassing.

  • Replies 497
  • Views 50.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • PurplePride92
    PurplePride92

    The three men have been indicted on hate crime and attempted kidnapping charges by a federal prosecutor.           

  • John Anthony
    John Anthony

    AHMAUD ARBERY’S FATHER: "All lives matter, not just blacks. We don't wanna see nobody go through this...It's all our problem. So hey, let's keep fighting, let's keep doing it, & making this place

  • I am glad you were right. Justice has been served in this case. 

Posted Images

Just like you don't know why he was running. My point is the media looks to divide people and will sell something as fact when they don't know.

 

I still don't believe they should have chased him down with guns.

Why else would he be out running besides a jog? That’s the only logical explanation for why he was running. If you’re going to steal something or anything else AA is accused of, then he wouldn’t have done it in broad daylight. That’s insane. He was out for a jog.

We don't have to assume anything. We should look at facts and try not to be emotional. Making people emotional and angry is the end game for some.

The only fact we have in this case is he was shot and killed. Everything else is appealing to common sense unless new facts arrive.

I’m sorry. I must have missed it. What evidence do we have that he wasn’t out for a jog?

 

There's video of him walking down the road, stopping for a moment in front of a house, then walking in the house and staying for several minutes.

 

Didn't look much like someone out jogging.

 

Before I get attacked for it....I am not saying this means he deserved to die.

The only fact we have in this case is he was shot and killed. Everything else is appealing to common sense unless new facts arrive.

 

We know very little compared to what investigators know. My point remains that we have been mislead about some things in my opinion.

Why else would he be out running besides a jog? That’s the only logical explanation for why he was running. If you’re going to steal something or anything else AA is accused of, then he wouldn’t have done it in broad daylight. That’s insane. He was out for a jog.

 

You are naive if you don't think people commit crimes in the daytime.

So he was out jogging and saw a construction site and decided to walk on it? This is a non discussion that shouldn’t even be brought up when talking about this case. It’s a irrelevant talking point.

 

It absolutely should be brought up when we have been mislead to believe he was hunted down and killed for no reason at all. That isn't true. Doesn't make it right, but it supports the argument that they believed he had broken into a house and they chased him. They didn't chase him because he was jogging.

But thats what I'm getting at, the facts. He visited a construction site but didn't steal anything nor damage anything, seems as if he was just looking around or resting for a few minutes. For what its worth since he's no longer here to tell anyone exactly what he was doing there are going to be assumptions, just like questioning whether he was really just out for a jog or not. But so far, video evidence, reports of nothing stolen or damaged etc, shows that he committed no crime.

 

None of that matters. I am not arguing that he was a violent person who needed to be gunned down.

 

I am arguing that we were mislead to believe he was simply jogging down the road and they profiled him because he is black and looked like someone who had broken into some houses before so they chased him down and killed him.

 

That's not accurate. They saw him go into a house and someone called 911, then they chased him which eventually lead to a fight and resulted in him being killed.

 

Again, to be clear, I don't think they should have chased him with weapons. It isn't their job.

 

But it's also irresponsible to frame it as someone jogging down the road being gunned down for being black. That is not what happened.

None of that matters. I am not arguing that he was a violent person who needed to be gunned down.

 

I am arguing that we were mislead to believe he was simply jogging down the road and they profiled him because he is black and looked like someone who had broken into some houses before so they chased him down and killed him.

 

That's not accurate. They saw him go into a house and someone called 911, then they chased him which eventually lead to a fight and resulted in him being killed.

 

Again, to be clear, I don't think they should have chased him with weapons. It isn't their job.

 

But it's also irresponsible to frame it as someone jogging down the road being gunned down for being black. That is not what happened.

 

How are we being mislead? That sounds like an assumption to me. He clearly wasn't walking in the video from the home construction, it was more like a fast walk or even slowing down from a faster paced jog. He was a former football player so maybe he likes to stay in shape, hence going for a jog?

 

To me it seems like he was out for exercise and happened to pass by a home that was being constructed and left completely open. He took a break from jogging and walked through the house, then continued his jog without stealing anything or damaging anything. Then he was confronted by people in a truck, stopped at a stop sign waiting on him with guns in hand. He did nothing to show that he wasn't just out for a jog and looked at a new home being built.

 

Have you ever been out for a drive and see a house for sale that you like and stop and look the property over? I have several times and not once did I feel like doing so would get me shot.

How are we being mislead? That sounds like an assumption to me. He clearly wasn't walking in the video from the home construction, it was more like a fast walk or even slowing down from a faster paced jog. He was a former football player so maybe he likes to stay in shape, hence going for a jog?

 

To me it seems like he was out for exercise and happened to pass by a home that was being constructed and left completely open. He took a break from jogging and walked through the house, then continued his jog without stealing anything or damaging anything. Then he was confronted by people in a truck, stopped at a stop sign waiting on him with guns in hand. He did nothing to show that he wasn't just out for a jog and looked at a new home being built.

 

Have you ever been out for a drive and see a house for sale that you like and stop and look the property over? I have several times and not once did I feel like doing so would get me shot.

 

I have seen this presented as an example of a black man being hunted down and killed for no reason other than jogging. If you can't see how that's misleading and leaving out some key information, I don't know what to tell you.

 

I'm done with this one. But first, I'll say it again for those are waiting to say I think any of this means it was okay to chase him down and kill him....I don't think that. I've said from the beginning that was obviously wrong and I can't stand people who try to be the police when they aren't the police.

  • Author
I have seen this presented as an example of a black man being hunted down and killed for no reason other than jogging. If you can't see how that's misleading and leaving out some key information, I don't know what to tell you.

 

I'm done with this one. But first, I'll say it again for those are waiting to say I think any of this means it was okay to chase him down and kill him....I don't think that. I've said from the beginning that was obviously wrong and I can't stand people who try to be the police when they aren't the police.

 

Yes we know. In your world racism doesn’t exist, has never existed and is a myth. We know you. You always make that clear.

I have seen this presented as an example of a black man being hunted down and killed for no reason other than jogging. If you can't see how that's misleading and leaving out some key information, I don't know what to tell you.

 

I'm done with this one. But first, I'll say it again for those are waiting to say I think any of this means it was okay to chase him down and kill him....I don't think that. I've said from the beginning that was obviously wrong and I can't stand people who try to be the police when they aren't the police.

 

While yes that can be misleading that he was gunned down for being black, regardless it appears he was gunned down for no reason, regardless of skin color. Personally I feel like a lot of it had to do with his skin color, or maybe he and the father/son had issues in the past.

 

Regardless of the kids intentions, race, etc, the people that encountered him were ready to kill him before he even encountered them. So I don't get the part about saying he wasn't just out for a jog when he really could have been. The others attempted to detain an unarmed man with a shotgun for no reason at all it seems. When you approach someone that's unarmed and seemingly doing nothing wrong you don't know how they are going to react.

 

In this situation it appears he feared for his life and attempted to disarm the person with the shotgun. Which is not something I would try to do myself, you may as well keep running if you're not armed yourself. But he never should have been put in that situation to have to think on how to react to having a shotgun pointed at him for no reason anyway. I can't get behind defending these dudes, hate crime or not, they are the ones that made the mistakes that led to someone losing their life.

None of that matters. I am not arguing that he was a violent person who needed to be gunned down.

 

I am arguing that we were mislead to believe he was simply jogging down the road and they profiled him because he is black and looked like someone who had broken into some houses before so they chased him down and killed him.

 

That's not accurate. They saw him go into a house and someone called 911, then they chased him which eventually lead to a fight and resulted in him being killed.

 

Again, to be clear, I don't think they should have chased him with weapons. It isn't their job.

 

But it's also irresponsible to frame it as someone jogging down the road being gunned down for being black. That is not what happened.

 

What was he doing when he was killed?

 

Did the killers see him at the construction site?

 

What proof did they have he had done anything wrong?

We know very little compared to what investigators know. My point remains that we have been mislead about some things in my opinion.

You have no proof that we’ve been mislead. What have you seen that shows he was doing anything besides jogging?

It absolutely should be brought up when we have been mislead to believe he was hunted down and killed for no reason at all. That isn't true. Doesn't make it right, but it supports the argument that they believed he had broken into a house and they chased him. They didn't chase him because he was jogging.

I’m definitely not saying that they gunned him down for no reason. Read between the lines here.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.