Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ahmaud Arbery

Featured Replies

The GBI is to be commended. They made arrests one day after they were requested by an outside prosecutor.

 

The people who looked at the case before them? Not so much.

 

I guess I spoke too soon because I'm not exactly sure how long GBI was investigating.

  • Replies 497
  • Views 50.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • PurplePride92
    PurplePride92

    The three men have been indicted on hate crime and attempted kidnapping charges by a federal prosecutor.           

  • John Anthony
    John Anthony

    AHMAUD ARBERY’S FATHER: "All lives matter, not just blacks. We don't wanna see nobody go through this...It's all our problem. So hey, let's keep fighting, let's keep doing it, & making this place

  • I am glad you were right. Justice has been served in this case. 

Posted Images

It happened on February 23. No one cared about the pandemic then. Sports was still on. No one was wearing masks. Social distancing is what depressed people did. If it were 3 black dudes who shot a white man jogging like that they would have been arrested that day.

 

Anyone saying otherwise is being naive as hell.

 

I don't know, with the locals there that may be true but that isn't true every where. Every case is different, every place is different.

 

Regardless, it worked out and they can now take this to court.

So you believe that if it was three black men who chased and set up a white jogger and then killed him while filming the video that they still would have been sitting at home free and uncharged almost 2 months later because of the pandemic?

 

I honestly want to say no that they wouldn't be arrested right away and that justice is blind and applied equally, but I can't honestly say that and believe it as well.

I guess I spoke too soon because I'm not exactly sure how long GBI was investigating.

 

The arrests were made 36 hours from the time the GBI began assisting, according to the article I read.

I guess I spoke too soon because I'm not exactly sure how long GBI was investigating.

 

They have been watching it for a while. Public pressure certainly lead them to step in. The stage is set for the arraignment and eventual trial now.

  • Author
I honestly want to say no that they wouldn't be arrested right away and that justice is blind and applied equally, but I can't honestly say that and believe it as well.

 

I appreciate your honesty.

  • Author
I don't know, with the locals there that may be true but that isn't true every where. Every case is different, every place is different.

 

Regardless, it worked out and they can now take this to court.

 

Former NBA player, Shannon Brown, was arrested on May 4th after two people entered his home and he fired a rifle in their direction. The incident happened around 6pm and he was arrested around 9:45pm.

Again, deferring back to our people that understand the legal system better than I, it sounds like my second question was answered in that they were arrested and placed in jail, but the suspects are more so in a holding pattern at this time. This will still go to a grand jury in a month or so to decide if charges will be brought against them. Yesterday was more symbolic, which is fine by me.

 

I think some just read tweets or headlines and think this is the big step in leading up to a trial. That is yet to come (hopefully).

 

I do not have the stomach to watch the video, I have only seen snippets. Even if Mr. Arbery was snooping around or looked like a suspect of recent break-ins, what in the hell are you doing chasing him down? Hell, PDs do not just randomly run after people unless they know for sure the person is a danger. Vigilante justice at its finest.

I will not watch the video. I have less than zero interest in watching someone get murdered.

I will not watch the video. I have less than zero interest in watching someone get murdered.

I agree. I couldn't watch the video. To see someone just jogging along and then knowing what is about to happen, it's just too much.

  • Author
I will not watch the video. I have less than zero interest in watching someone get murdered.

 

I watched it before I really knew what I was watching. I still see the whole thing vividly from one viewing. I won’t watch it again.

  • Author
Former NBA player, Shannon Brown, was arrested on May 4th after two people entered his home and he fired a rifle in their direction. The incident happened around 6pm and he was arrested around 9:45pm.

 

I left out that he is a resident in the great state of Georgia.

“It appears Travis McMichael, Greg McMichael and William Bryan were following in “hot pursuit of a burglary suspect with solid first-hand probably cause,” Barnhill wrote. “Arbery initiated the fight. ... At that point, Arbery grabbed the shotgun (that Travis McMichael was holding). Under Georgia law, McMichael was allowed to use deadly force to protect himself.”

 

Not guilty plea coming with the above defense.

I honestly want to say no that they wouldn't be arrested right away and that justice is blind and applied equally, but I can't honestly say that and believe it as well.

 

I appreciate you being honest.

“It appears Travis McMichael, Greg McMichael and William Bryan were following in “hot pursuit of a burglary suspect with solid first-hand probably cause,” Barnhill wrote. “Arbery initiated the fight. ... At that point, Arbery grabbed the shotgun (that Travis McMichael was holding). Under Georgia law, McMichael was allowed to use deadly force to protect himself.”

 

Not guilty plea coming with the above defense.

 

Had the police been called prior to the shooting? Perhaps a 911 call saying they were pursuing a burglary suspect?

Had the police been called prior to the shooting? Perhaps a 911 call saying they were pursuing a burglary suspect?

 

Don’t quote me but I thought I read yes on this. I still don’t know if it will ultimately help the defense.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.