Ahmaud Arbery

Depends on how the court system works there...this late into it, they probably are just waiting until the indictment.

The case has been shifted to 3 different DA offices, the first two passed on it due to conflicts of interest. The 3rd office is taking it but can’t get a jury together before June due to Covid-19. He said he 100% is presenting the case to a jury as soon as one can be called.

The reason it’s taking 2 months is because the other 2 DA’s passed on it, then Covid.

I thought the dad worked for the DA as an investigator, he wasn't an actual District Attorney.

That was my understanding as well. He was first a policeman and then investigator for the District Attorney's office.

A grand jury is needed to file charges?

Maybe one of our BGP legalese can better answer this, but I believe it is a Constitutional requirement for a capital crime. Even in a no-brainer case like this where charges will be filed. A terrorist goes through the same process.

Now I do not know how it works as far as going to jail prior to indictments.

It’s always about who you know.

The grand jury is the best route to go here. I would ask to move it to a grand jury outside of the area, move it to Atlanta. With the grand jury, only one side is there and the DA can hold all of his cards he presents them to the private jury. This is the best case for Mr. Arbery.

Let it play out, justice will be served, I 100% believe that.

Justice being served in this case would be murder charges penalized to the maximum extent of the law, IMO.

I wish I had your faith, and hope you are right.

Justice being served in this case would be murder charges penalized to the maximum extent of the law, IMO.

I wish I had your faith, and hope you are right.

I’d have a lot less faith if they were arrested and charged locally. I think this DA has it all scripted out.