Ahmaud Arbery

14 minutes ago, bugatti said:

This will all but ensure they spend their lives in prison, guarding against an overturn at the state level. I'm not saying it was an easy case, because federal hate crimes are rarely prosecuted, but a lot of damning evidence on social media, text messages, etc. that of course showed these bozos were racists.

As an aside, people were again complaining this trial was not publicly telecast and going into conspiracy theory world, like in the Maxwell case. To repeat, federal trials are not shown on television.

Nothing can bring Ahmaud back but if justice is going to be completely served it is time to charge the prosecutors that originally didn't move forward with this case and let them soak in jail for awhile.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, bugatti said:

This will all but ensure they spend their lives in prison, guarding against an overturn at the state level. I'm not saying it was an easy case, because federal hate crimes are rarely prosecuted, but a lot of damning evidence on social media, text messages, etc. that of course showed these bozos were racists.

As an aside, people were again complaining this trial was not publicly telecast and going into conspiracy theory world, like in the Maxwell case. To repeat, federal trials are not shown on television.

I am not sure any trial should be televised.  I think the media circus around televised trials adds stress to both sides, and may hinder due process.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beechwoodfan said:

I am not sure any trial should be televised.  I think the media circus around televised trials adds stress to both sides, and may hinder due process.

I am conflicted but I hear you.  At a minimum I would like to see all trials (especially any of greater importance) videoed/documented for the record.  

• Like 3