Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ahmaud Arbery

Featured Replies

8 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

The original prosecutor been indicted for blocking or hindering prosecution in this case. She used her position to delay the convicted's arrest and was subsequently brought up on charges of violation of oath and obstruction. 

Justice may have been delayed by this woman, but justice prevailed.

I didn’t know this. That’s great news. I am guilty of simply thinking things were taking so long because of the pandemic. If the prosecutor was truly blocking things, lock them up! 

  • Replies 497
  • Views 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • PurplePride92
    PurplePride92

    The three men have been indicted on hate crime and attempted kidnapping charges by a federal prosecutor.           

  • John Anthony
    John Anthony

    AHMAUD ARBERY’S FATHER: "All lives matter, not just blacks. We don't wanna see nobody go through this...It's all our problem. So hey, let's keep fighting, let's keep doing it, & making this place

  • I am glad you were right. Justice has been served in this case. 

Posted Images

Of course Mr. Arbery is strong and resilient. He has to be. 

  • Author
3 hours ago, ChickenWyngz said:

I appreciate this so much. It’s a view that won’t be popular with some, unfortunately, but if you can complain about that comment you are part of the problem.

It’s actually a view everyone has including people who say Black Lives Matter.  I’m unsure who it won’t be popular with.  Do tell.  

  • Author
53 minutes ago, PurplePride92 said:

It’s actually a view everyone has including people who say Black Lives Matter.  I’m unsure who it won’t be popular with.  Do tell.  

Of course context is important when it is said.  There are definitely people who have racist intent when they say it.   You can say and believe in both statements without racist intent.  If you are saying it to counter the other then it just might be racist.  Both sayings can be true.  

15 hours ago, The Raven said:

This is just me being somewhat ignorant of the complicated American judicial system, so please don't think I am making fun, but if there is just 1 victim, how are there 5 Felony murder and 2 assault charges for each defendant?

As to the results, don't let this instance of justice being served make us forget about the countless times it was not.

For Rittenhouse, if self preservation was his top priority, seems like him and his gun staying at home in Illinois would have been the best move.

I don't understand all the charges either.  We were taught not to do that when you have overlapping criminal elements like that but I also know that each state is unique and in this case they wanted to max the defendants out.

On Rittenhouse, I don't believe his AR15 "crossed state lines" but I am not the authority here.  

16 hours ago, Randy Parker said:

Agreed.

This case was way more open and shut in my mind.

I agree.  The issue I see with the AA case is why did it take so long to charge the perpetrators.

4 hours ago, PurplePride92 said:

It’s actually a view everyone has including people who say Black Lives Matter.  I’m unsure who it won’t be popular with.  Do tell.  

Unfortunately it’s not a view everyone has. Those who would disagree are the “extreme cases” on both sides of this coin.

Those on the extreme side of BLM support could claim (and have) that all lives matter is a racist statement (im not sure how). Those on the extreme other side speak for themselves. Both are wrong, IMO.

  • Author
34 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

Unfortunately it’s not a view everyone has. Those who would disagree are the “extreme cases” on both sides of this coin.

Those on the extreme side of BLM support could claim (and have) that all lives matter is a racist statement (im not sure how). Those on the extreme other side speak for themselves. Both are wrong, IMO.

The sooner society actually rids itself of extremes the better off we will be.  As long as one set of extremes is around then others will be as well.   

8 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Of course Mr. Arbery is strong and resilient. He has to be. 

Everybody has to be in life.  

8 hours ago, theguru said:

I agree.  The issue I see with the AA case is why did it take so long to charge the perpetrators.

The prosecutor was holding it up. She has since been charged for her behavior and no longer in office.

3 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

The prosecutor was holding it up. She has since been charged for her behavior and no longer in office.

Good!

Have we heard her excuse yet?

1 minute ago, theguru said:

Good!

Have we heard her excuse yet?

I've not looked into it that close. I "think" she may have known the shooters dad from his time in LE.

I see the Arbery case and Rittenhouse being similar in that they were both open and shut cases IMO. In both cases, as the verdicts showed, the evidence was clear.

When I looked into the case against Rittenhouse, I said he is not going to be convicted. Regardless of him carrying the weapon, he was chased down and assaulted. It was a clear case of self defense. 

I felt the same about Arbery. It was a clear case that warranted murder convictions. I do understand the doubt some had that a jury in Georgia with eleven white people might find a way to let them off. But they didn't. The jury did their duty. That is proof of progress. 

11 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I see the Arbery case and Rittenhouse being similar in that they were both open and shut cases IMO. In both cases, as the verdicts showed, the evidence was clear.

When I looked into the case against Rittenhouse, I said he is not going to be convicted. Regardless of him carrying the weapon, he was chased down and assaulted. It was a clear case of self defense. 

I felt the same about Arbery. It was a clear case that warranted murder convictions. I do understand the doubt some had that a jury in Georgia with eleven white people might find a way to let them off. But they didn't. The jury did their duty. That is proof of progress. 

I agree with all of this and I think it also makes both cases similar because there was prosecutorial misconduct in both cases.  For Rittenhouse there was a "mega rush" by the prosecutor to charge him, lock him up and throw away the key when the evidence was clear it was self defense.  For Arbery it was a clear case of murder yet the prosecutor failed to charge the perpetrators until the media/social media clamored for it.  In my opinion, these are both clear cases of prosecutorial misconduct and in both cases I think the prosecutors should be charged. 

13 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I see the Arbery case and Rittenhouse being similar in that they were both open and shut cases IMO. In both cases, as the verdicts showed, the evidence was clear.

When I looked into the case against Rittenhouse, I said he is not going to be convicted. Regardless of him carrying the weapon, he was chased down and assaulted. It was a clear case of self defense. 

I felt the same about Arbery. It was a clear case that warranted murder convictions. I do understand the doubt some had that a jury in Georgia with eleven white people might find a way to let them off. But they didn't. The jury did their duty. That is proof of progress. 

We just need everyone to accept the fact progress is being made.  

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.