Ahmaud Arbery

2 hours ago, theguru said:

Travis McMichael - Malice Murder Guilty, Felony Murder 4 Counts Guilty, and Guilty of several other felonies.

Gregory McMichael - He was found guilty on numerous charges and not guilty on one of the charges.

William Bryan Jr. - He was found guilty on about 5 charges and not guilty on about four charges.

Here is a great graphic from ABC News:

abcnewsgraphic.png

• Thanks 1

On 5/6/2020 at 9:17 AM, TheDeuce said:

We're already two and a half months in and no charges have been filed? Tells you all you need to know.

Today told us what sensationalism, tried but failed to tell us.  I told you they were guilty you just chose not to hear it.  Well today you can’t deny it.

58 minutes ago, theguru said:

I don't think there is any comparison between this case and Rittenhouse. 

What I’ve learned is not everyone believes in the right to self defense.  It’s too bad Ahmaud didn’t have a way to defend himself from these criminals.  I do believe in self defense.

6 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

Today told us what sensationalism, tried but failed to tell us.  I told you they were guilty you just chose not to hear it.  Well today you can’t deny it.

I have always and will always be skeptical of the “justice system” to do the right thing. I am not alone in that. If you choose to pretend there’s no basis for that, you certainly are able to do that. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

What I’ve learned is not everyone believes in the right to self defense.  It’s too bad Ahmaud didn’t have a way to defend himself from these criminals.  I do believe in self defense.

Right, if AA would have been armed and killed two of the three men that chased him down and killed him, and injured the third, then the cases would be very similar.  And had that happened in the AA case I would have supported not charging him at all.

Everyone has a right to self defense. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I have always and will always be skeptical of the “justice system” to do the right thing. I am not alone in that. If you choose to pretend there’s no basis for that, you certainly are able to do that. 

We are in lockstep here. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, theguru said:

Here is a great graphic from ABC News:

abcnewsgraphic.png

This is just me being somewhat ignorant of the complicated American judicial system, so please don't think I am making fun, but if there is just 1 victim, how are there 5 Felony murder and 2 assault charges for each defendant?

As to the results, don't let this instance of justice being served make us forget about the countless times it was not.

For Rittenhouse, if self preservation was his top priority, seems like him and his gun staying at home in Illinois would have been the best move.

• Like 1

AHMAUD ARBERY’S FATHER: "All lives matter, not just blacks. We don't wanna see nobody go through this...It's all our problem. So hey, let's keep fighting, let's keep doing it, & making this place a better place for all human beings -- all human beings. Everybody. Love everybody."

Power stuff right there.  He could fan the flames of division like a lot of others, but he’s a strong, resilient man.  So glad his family got the Justice they rightfully deserved.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, John Anthony said:

AHMAUD ARBERY’S FATHER: "All lives matter, not just blacks. We don't wanna see nobody go through this...It's all our problem. So hey, let's keep fighting, let's keep doing it, & making this place a better place for all human beings -- all human beings. Everybody. Love everybody."

Power stuff right there.  He could fan the flames of division like a lot of others, but he’s a strong, resilient man.  So glad his family got the Justice they rightfully deserved.

I appreciate this so much. It’s a view that won’t be popular with some, unfortunately, but if you can complain about that comment you are part of the problem.

• Like 1