Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ahmaud Arbery

Featured Replies

On 5/5/2021 at 1:05 PM, Voice of Reason said:

 I may be wrong but I don't believe murder is a charge federal prosecutors can bring.  That falls under state law.

Already indicted for malice murder and felony murder, on top of a list of other charges.  Looks like it will go to trial in October.

  • Replies 497
  • Views 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • PurplePride92
    PurplePride92

    The three men have been indicted on hate crime and attempted kidnapping charges by a federal prosecutor.           

  • John Anthony
    John Anthony

    AHMAUD ARBERY’S FATHER: "All lives matter, not just blacks. We don't wanna see nobody go through this...It's all our problem. So hey, let's keep fighting, let's keep doing it, & making this place

  • I am glad you were right. Justice has been served in this case. 

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

Already indicted for malice murder and felony murder, on top of a list of other charges.  Looks like it will go to trial in October.

I googled it and there are crimes that can lead to a murder charge by federal prosecutors. However, murder is almost always a state crime. The charges you list are Georgia state court charges.

12 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I googled it and there are crimes that can lead to a murder charge by federal prosecutors. However, murder is almost always a state crime. The charges you list are Georgia state court charges.

Correct, they have a laundry list of state and federal issues.

Jury selection has started for the trial.

On 10/19/2021 at 9:08 AM, Jumper_Dad said:

Jury selection has started for the trial.

Keep us updated on this one.  It shouldn’t be a long trial.

  • Author

The jury has been picked.  11 white members.  One black member.  
 

We’ll see how the system works with this one.  

41 minutes ago, PurplePride92 said:

The jury has been picked.  11 white members.  One black member.  
 

We’ll see how the system works with this one.  

Still think this will end up being a pretty open and shut case. 

  • Author
2 hours ago, ChickenWyngz said:

Still think this will end up being a pretty open and shut case. 

I am skeptical.  Just look at this thread.  Folks can’t even agree on it in here let alone on a jury.   

2 hours ago, ChickenWyngz said:

Still think this will end up being a pretty open and shut case. 

I wish I had that kind of optimism. 

  • Author
4 hours ago, PurplePride92 said:

The jury has been picked.  11 white members.  One black member.  
 

We’ll see how the system works with this one.  

Glynn County, Georgia is 26% black.  The jury for this case is 8% black.  
 

 

3 minutes ago, PurplePride92 said:

Glynn County, Georgia is 26% black.  The jury for this case is 8% black.  
 

 

Is there any public information about the jury pool to know how many potential jurors were black or any type of breakdown?

  • Author
Just now, theguru said:

Is there any public information about the jury pool to know how many potential jurors were black or any type of breakdown?

I believe so but I’d have to go looking for it.   I was seeing that info on the Kyle Rittenhouse case(I think the same jury demographics, 11 white, 1 black) but today was the first time I had seen info on this trial.   

1 minute ago, PurplePride92 said:

I believe so but I’d have to go looking for it.   I was seeing that info on the Kyle Rittenhouse case(I think the same jury demographics, 11 white, 1 black) but today was the first time I had seen info on this trial.   

Thanks.

I think the Rittenhouse case is pretty complex but in this case lock them up and throw away the key.

4 minutes ago, theguru said:

Is there any public information about the jury pool to know how many potential jurors were black or any type of breakdown?

I think I read something yesterday that said the initial pool was pretty close to the demographics, but that the defense ended up eliminating 8 black prospects.  Of course, they said it had nothing to do about race (yeah, right).  The judge even made some comment about how there was something racial in the selection process, but said his hands were tied with regards to what he could do.

  • Author
9 minutes ago, theguru said:

Is there any public information about the jury pool to know how many potential jurors were black or any type of breakdown?

Found something.  
 

 

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/11-white-jurors-1-black-juror-seated-trial-3-men-charged-ahmaud-arberys-death/TP7Z3UIEZFE2HHB4VHFYNN67BU/?fbclid=IwAR2QAaVH32vr3p-A0smfs17rFfEjAHASaR6-352ZG48wgUXEDCmh43Qj-Uk

 

BRUNSWICK, Ga. — A jury is now set in the trial of three men charged in the shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery. The jury is made up of 11 white people and one Black person, according to lawyers on both sides.

All 12 members, along with four alternates, will be seated and sworn in Friday, when opening statements in the trial are expected to begin. The races of the alternate jurors were not released.

Prosecutors made a motion Wednesday to reconsider the strikes against the other Black potential jurors.

Superior Court Judge Timothy Walmsley said there appears to be “intentional discrimination” by the defense but ruled the attorneys had other legal reasons besides race to strike those potential jurors.

“They have been able to explain to the court why besides race those individuals were struck from the panel,” Walmsley said.

 

 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.