Ahmaud Arbery

I feel like something big is still missing here. For the average person who’s unarmed & suddenly semi-circled by guys with weapons, wouldn’t you run for your life? He went to disarm the son. Even if he had taken the weapon the dad still could have shot him. We really need more info & testimonies.

I feel like something big is still missing here. For the average person who’s unarmed & suddenly semi-circled by guys with weapons, wouldn’t you run for your life? He went to disarm the son. Even if he had taken the weapon the dad still could have shot him. We really need more info & testimonies.

I have no idea how someone should react in that situation, and unless someone has been confronted by two armed guys in a truck out of the blue, I doubt anyone would know. And imagine if you’re a minority who at some point in their life have been followed in a store while shopping, or experienced other forms of racism. Besides, It’s not easy to outrun a truck, or a shotgun.

Call the police.

The police will almost never get there in time. Good shoplifters are in and out of the store in less than 5 minutes. Police response times to shoplifting calls are much longer. Most companies only allow managers or trained Loss Prevention employees to facilitate a stop...not every random employee.

Many shoplifters don't even conceal the merchandise, they just push the loaded cart out the door. If someone doesn't apprehend them at the door, they are gone before 911 answers the phone.

I have no idea how someone should react in that situation, and unless someone has been confronted by two armed guys in a truck out of the blue, I doubt anyone would know. And imagine if you’re a minority who at some point in their life have been followed in a store while shopping, or experienced other forms of racism. Besides, It’s not easy to outrun a truck, or a shotgun.

Hindsight is 20/20 but he could have ran off the main road into the woods, where the truck couldn’t go. I just think something is missing, we’re they having a verbal altercation before he went for the gun? What were they saying to him? Still so many questions, the police had the clip for months and the defense lawyer consulted with the McMichaels before releasing the video. They wanted it released.

The police will almost never get there in time. Good shoplifters are in and out of the store in less than 5 minutes. Police response times to shoplifting calls are much longer. Most companies only allow managers or trained Loss Prevention employees to facilitate a stop...not every random employee.

Many shoplifters don't even conceal the merchandise, they just push the loaded cart out the door. If someone doesn't apprehend them at the door, they are gone before 911 answers the phone.

What happens if the suspect doesn’t want to be detained by the manager or loss prevention?

Allowing citizen arrests seems like a major problem that needs addressed.

Sure it might help stop some petty left in retail stores, but I think it leaves things way to open for more dangerous situations. I don't want any random dude, especially with a gun, no matter the color of their skin, trying to make any type of citizen arrest for anything.

I agree for the most part.

Drawing your weapon on a suspected thief makes about as much sense as performing a pit maneuver on a car that passes you speeding...

What happens if the suspect doesn’t want to be detained by the manager or loss prevention?

In the old days we would physically lead them back into the store...but many places are hands off now. If they really want to leave...they do. If you do your job correctly, most all will return to the store.

That’s where it can get ugly. You either let them go, or it could easily get physical. You better know what you’re doing if you decide to make them comply.

Hindsight is 20/20 but he could have ran off the main road into the woods, where the truck couldn’t go. I just think something is missing, we’re they having a verbal altercation before he went for the gun? What were they saying to him? Still so many questions, the police had the clip for months and the defense lawyer consulted with the McMichaels before releasing the video. They wanted it released.

The defense released the video? What makes you say that?

The defense released the video? What makes you say that?

NY times article see below:

Ahmaud Arbery Video Was Leaked by a Lawyer Who Consulted With Suspects.

In a twist emblematic of the small-town antics that have defined the case, that source turned out to be a criminal defense lawyer in town who had informally consulted with the suspects.

The lawyer, Alan Tucker, declined to comment on his conversations with the suspects, citing attorney-client privilege. He later said he would not be representing them.

NY times article see below:

Ahmaud Arbery Video Was Leaked by a Lawyer Who Consulted With Suspects.

In a twist emblematic of the small-town that have defined the case, that source turned out to be a criminal defense lawyer in town who had informally consulted with the suspects.

The lawyer, Alan Tucker, declined to comment on his conversations with the suspects, citing attorney-client privilege. He later said he would not be representing them.

Yeah I’m pretty sure that guy released the video because false information about the case was being spread and he wanted to set the record straight.

Zero chance the people who will be defending them wanted that released.

Yeah I’m pretty sure that guy released the video because false information about the case was being spread and he wanted to set the record straight.

Zero chance the people who will be defending them wanted that released.

Sounds like this is what the defendants and defense initially wanted out there, the racial part I get but I tend go agree with you once they hire their trial lawyer:

Asked why he had leaked the video, Mr. Tucker said he had wanted to dispel rumors that he said had fueled tension in the community. “It wasn’t two men with a Confederate flag in the back of a truck going down the road and shooting a jogger in the back,” Mr. Tucker said.

“It got the truth out there as to what you could see,” he added. “My purpose was not to exonerate them or convict them.”

Seeing more and more evidence that the McMichael family are hardcore racists. KKK rallies. Photos with high ranking GA officials with racist clothing on.

The more that gets exposed on that family, the more it is clear why the members of the community that knew them tried to cover their tail after the fact.

"Some of those that run forces

Are the same that burn crosses"

Carry on.