Ahmaud Arbery

That house it studded out and has the exterior finish on it. The next thing to go into it is ductwork, wiring, and plumbing rough-in. Probably about $1,000 to $1,500 in scrap value. My assumption is that those are the things AA was investigating when he walked in the house and looked around.

With the wiring, all you do is snip it all off at the fuse box, use about a half a roll of duct tape to attach the cut the ends to a tow rope you've got hooked onto the ball-hitch on a truck out in the driveway, then you drive the truck away with a grand in wiring as your truck pulls the wires straight out out of the stud walls. Takes all of 1 or 2 minutes to complete the entire task. All you need to do is poke around in the house ahead of time to make sure there's actually wiring in the walls. That's my assumption of what he was doing...casing the house.

Again though, that is not an excuse to kill anyone.

However, based on the old-timey citizens arrest laws in Georgia, I would guess that this is enough to get these guys off of any murder charges.

You sure seem very knowlegable of how to steal wire :)

All of these stories about how and what people steal from job sites is enlightening. But none of them mean a hill of beans or are related in anyway to this case. Abery walked into the house, stayed for a couple of minutes, never touched or disturbed anything, didn't encounter anyone, and left on his own accord, empty handed. No burglary was reported in the area according to records, so no one called in to report the incident. And he did nothing to indicate he was armed. This other video, and the related "what people do at job site" stories only are indicitive of how people are trying to assasinate Ahmaud's character, and justify the actions of these murders. And while no one hear has gone quite that far, the more these stories are told, the more it sounds like many believe, he was somewhat, if not totally responsible for his own death because he was somewhere he wasn't supposed to be. Even if he had a pockets full of copper wire, and was carrying bucket fulls of nails, and was dragging an entire tool box behind him, he didn't deserve to be hunted down, confronted with drawn guns, and shot down in cold blood.

No one knows what AA was up to. Ultimately though, he committed no crime, no matter what anyone "thinks" he might have been doing. One of the cornerstones of our system is innocent until proven guilty. All of this conjecture, which again isn't relative to the fact that he got killed, is ignoring this important element. People have mentioned the authorities were slow to make an arrest in order to get all their ducks in row, even though they had video of them hunting a man down. Yet we are assuming that Aubrey was a bad dude up to no good because we have video of him doing nothing in an empty house under contruction.

All of these stories about how and what people steal from job sites is enlightening. But none of them mean a hill of beans or are related in anyway to this case. Abery walked into the house, stayed for a couple of minutes, never touched or disturbed anything, didn't encounter anyone, and left on his own accord, empty handed. No burglary was reported in the area according to records, so no one called in to report the incident. And he did nothing to indicate he was armed. This other video, and the related "what people do at job site" stories only are indicitive of how people are trying to assasinate Ahmaud's character, and justify the actions of these murders. And while no one hear has gone quite that far, the more these stories are told, the more it sounds like many believe, he was somewhat, if not totally responsible for his own death because he was somewhere he wasn't supposed to be. Even if he had a pockets full of copper wire, and was carrying bucket fulls of nails, and was dragging an entire tool box behind him, he didn't deserve to be hunted down, confronted with drawn guns, and shot down in cold blood.

No one knows what AA was up to. Ultimately though, he committed no crime, no matter what anyone "thinks" he might have been doing. One of the cornerstones of our system is innocent until proven guilty. All of this conjecture, which again isn't relative to the fact that he got killed, is ignoring this important element. People have mentioned the authorities were slow to make an arrest in order to get all their ducks in row, even though they had video of them hunting a man down. Yet we are assuming that Aubrey was a bad dude up to no good because we have video of him doing nothing in an empty house under contruction.

That's why there's really not much point other than opinions and enlightenment from various perspectives in these conversations until this goes to court.

Edited by sportsfan41

The defense will try to tie AA to other burglary related crimes in the area. If they can do that, it will continue to shift the case. Also, it sounds like there was multiple witnesses nearby, we haven’t heard their accounts.

I keep hearing about other burglary crimes in the area.

Has anyone heard specifically what they were and how many? I've only heard of the one where a power tool was taken from a truck in his driveway.

Not aiming this at you JA but anyone. I'd like to see a report that has been released detailing these. The defendants excuse described a rash of burglaries. One, doesn't make a rash IMO and if there are none other known or reported it sounds like a smoke screen to cover their tracks and motivations.

Just a question and a thought.

No one knows what AA was up to. Ultimately though, he committed no crime, no matter what anyone "thinks" he might have been doing. One of the cornerstones of our system is innocent until proven guilty. All of this conjecture, which again isn't relative to the fact that he got killed, is ignoring this important element. People have mentioned the authorities were slow to make an arrest in order to get all their ducks in row, even though they had video of them hunting a man down. Yet we are assuming that Aubrey was a bad dude up to no good because we have video of him doing nothing in an empty house under construction.

There will be detractors no matter a situation. Those detractors in this particular case are more fringe, I would say. You can search for anything in social media land to support a narrative you are looking for, but I get the sense the vast majority - when compared to these other national cases - are on the AA side. The videos of him on a construction site are on the lead television networks not in an attempt to paint him as a good/bad guy, but to lay out the timeline of events. If that is unfair to report, it is equally unfair to say he was just out jogging. And again, the vast majority have the conclusion his time on the construction site do not justify his death. It does, however, spell out why these vigilantes may have felt called upon to (stupidly) track him down and subsequently end this poor man's life.

The problem with the construction video is, it takes away from the conventional jog that most of us picture in our minds.

I’m still not accusing AA of anything, there’s no evidence he took anything, and none of us knows why he went into the house.

Has anyone heard specifically what they were and how many? I've only heard of the one where a power tool was taken from a truck in his driveway.

Not aiming this at you JA but anyone. I'd like to see a report that has been released detailing these. The defendants excuse described a rash of burglaries. One, doesn't make a rash IMO and if there are none other known or reported it sounds like a smoke screen to cover their tracks and motivations.

Trust me, I want all of the facts out there as well. It’s still a lot of he said/she said. Below is all I could find:

Investigators have not said there is any evidence that Arbery burglarized the home. Police reports following the killing did not note any stolen material on Arbery. There were, however, official reports, or statements from the McMichaels and their neighbors in the months preceding the shooting, reporting the theft of a weapon from a vehicle and incidents of trespassing.

Prior police reports said surveillance video captured images of the person trespassing, who was described as a light-skinned black male with short hair twists and tattoos. According to a prior police report, he had a tattoo that said “0 Regrets One Life To Live” on his right arm.

Have they said if AA's car was found? I read somewhere that he was over 20 miles from home, that's not a jog...that's a marathon, if he didn't have a car nearby.

Why does where his car was at matter? He lives two miles away from where he was shot according to everything I’ve read. Again, what he was doing there, where he came from, etc is completely irrelevant to the fact that he was shot and killed. He had committed no crime, was unarmed, and not a threat to anyone. Why are we raising so many more questions about Ahmaud than the people who shot him?

Why does where his car was at matter? He lives two miles away from where he was shot according to everything I’ve read. Again, what he was doing there, where he came from, etc is completely irrelevant to the fact that he was shot and killed. He had committed no crime, was unarmed, and not a threat to anyone. Why are we raising so many more questions about Ahmaud than the people who shot him?

I read 20 miles. My point was his car could show evidence to support he was just out for a run. Also a vehicle found nearby could show that the shooters maybe saw the car, knew it was his and went hunting him. It's just another piece of the puzzle. If he did just live two miles away, then it won't come into play.

Even though most of us don’t agree with it, a lot of what they did is legal per Georgia law.

Is it enough to get them out of manslaughter, I don’t think so.

Even though most of us don’t agree with it, a lot of what they did is legal per Georgia law.

Is it enough to get them out of manslaughter, I don’t think so.

Well, I guess I won't be visiting Georgia anytime soon. If all it takes is someone thinking you don't belong where you at to get confronted with loaded weapons, that's not a place where I want to be.

I read 20 miles. My point was his car could show evidence to support he was just out for a run. Also a vehicle found nearby could show that the shooters maybe saw the car, knew it was his and went hunting him. It's just another piece of the puzzle. If he did just live two miles away, then it won't come into play.

This article from USA today says he lived 2 miles away.

Ahmaud Arbery video: William Bryan under investigation; #IRunWithMaud

Well, I guess I won't be visiting Georgia anytime soon. If all it takes is someone thinking you don't belong where you at to get confronted with loaded weapons, that's not a place where I want to be.

I’m guessing the citizens arrest law will soon be revised and voided.