Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ahmaud Arbery

Featured Replies

4 hours ago, ChickenWyngz said:

Agree somewhat. Is 100% full participant meaning they can hold any job, no matter what their charge was? 

If someone shot a man in cold blood and served 20 years before he was released for good behavior, should they be allowed to go out and buy/own a gun? 

3 hours ago, PurplePride92 said:

IMO, yes. Especially if people who commit vehicular homicide or have DUIs are allowed to continue to drive after time served.   

I’d be in favor of anyone convicted of murder or a long list of other violent crimes to not be allowed to own a gun.

I’d also like to see those convicted of a DUI have some type of hardship license for a number of years. You can drive to work or school, Dr. appointments and the grocery store/pharmacy. That’s it. If you’re caught driving, you better have a damn good reason for doing so.

  • Replies 497
  • Views 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • PurplePride92
    PurplePride92

    The three men have been indicted on hate crime and attempted kidnapping charges by a federal prosecutor.           

  • John Anthony
    John Anthony

    AHMAUD ARBERY’S FATHER: "All lives matter, not just blacks. We don't wanna see nobody go through this...It's all our problem. So hey, let's keep fighting, let's keep doing it, & making this place

  • I am glad you were right. Justice has been served in this case. 

Posted Images

On 11/8/2021 at 4:49 PM, MBWC41 said:

I’d be in favor of anyone convicted of murder or a long list of other violent crimes to not be allowed to own a gun.

I’d also like to see those convicted of a DUI have some type of hardship license for a number of years. You can drive to work or school, Dr. appointments and the grocery store/pharmacy. That’s it. If you’re caught driving, you better have a damn good reason for doing so.

It's already illegal for convicted felons to own a gun.

I like your license idea for convicted DUI's.

Seems like the defense for the third guy is trying to portray him as just an onlooker and not an active participant. 

I've watched very little of this trial, just a few hours today. IMO, so far it's not if they are convicted but, what will they be convicted of. Seems like defense is trying the aggravated assault route. 

On 11/16/2021 at 11:34 PM, Jumper_Dad said:

Seems like the defense for the third guy is trying to portray him as just an onlooker and not an active participant. 

I've watched very little of this trial, just a few hours today. IMO, so far it's not if they are convicted but, what will they be convicted of. Seems like defense is trying the aggravated assault route. 

It’s always been that way.  To your point what are the final guilty charges?

1 hour ago, John Anthony said:

It’s always been that way.  To your point what are the final guilty charges?

I've not watched enough of it to make a good guess.

I wish this trial was getting the same attention that the Rittenhouse trial did in the media and on social media. With that trial I was able to go home everyday, cook dinner, clean it and get the kids to bed then catch up on "highlights" of the trial as I let it play in the background while packing lunches, etc. 

With this one I've literally found one video. In the video the son was on the stand defending himself and seemed very crossed up on how he should answer questions and what he remembered. It seemed that the prosecutor did a great job proving that Arbery was running away and actually avoided/ran away from him 3 times before things went south. It absolutely proved the situation to be provoked by the shooters. 

I too am shocked that there hasn’t been as much coverage on this. From what little but I have seen, I think everyone of those guys should go to jail.

 

 

I am not shocked, this case has always appeared to be a pretty open and shut case of murder.

The Rittenhouse trial hit close to home to a lot people for different reasons and therefore the demand is much, much greater than an open and shut case of murder.

12 minutes ago, Beechwoodfan said:

I too am shocked that there hasn’t been as much coverage on this.

 

 

4 hours ago, ChickenWyngz said:

I wish this trial was getting the same attention that the Rittenhouse trial did in the media and on social media. With that trial I was able to go home everyday, cook dinner, clean it and get the kids to bed then catch up on "highlights" of the trial as I let it play in the background while packing lunches, etc. 

With this one I've literally found one video. In the video the son was on the stand defending himself and seemed very crossed up on how he should answer questions and what he remembered. It seemed that the prosecutor did a great job proving that Arbery was running away and actually avoided/ran away from him 3 times before things went south. It absolutely proved the situation to be provoked by the shooters. 

I don't watch cable news, so on there it may be different. I listen to "Up First" on NPR every morning (13 minute show on the top 4-5 headlines) and read USA Today online, and this case is featured virtually every day... I'm not what the expectation is but I think it is getting a lot of attention? It has only been going on about a week, and set to wrap up today or tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, bugatti said:

 

I don't watch cable news, so on there it may be different. I listen to "Up First" on NPR every morning (13 minute show on the top 4-5 headlines) and read USA Today online, and this case is featured virtually every day... I'm not what the expectation is but I think it is getting a lot of attention? It has only been going on about a week, and set to wrap up today or tomorrow.

I would say in most cases you are only getting one side of things with NPR and USA Today. 

22 hours ago, Beechwoodfan said:

I too am shocked that there hasn’t been as much coverage on this. From what little but I have seen, I think everyone of those guys should go to jail.

 

 

 

22 hours ago, theguru said:

I am not shocked, this case has always appeared to be a pretty open and shut case of murder.

The Rittenhouse trial hit close to home to a lot people for different reasons and therefore the demand is much, much greater than an open and shut case of murder.

Random update. Just sat down and did my daily log-in to Twitter. During the Rittenhouse trial, I'd always get my updates as it was prompted on the right side in "What's Happening" This trial never even pops up there, but as Ru pointed out that likely has to do with the demand for it. 

2 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

 

Random update. Just sat down and did my daily log-in to Twitter. During the Rittenhouse trial, I'd always get my updates as it was prompted on the right side in "What's Happening" This trial never even pops up there, but as Ru pointed out that likely has to do with the demand for it. 

You can look at Facebook on this one too and see the same thing. Among my friends I don't see anything on Arbery.  On Rittenhouse I see friends mostly "celebrating" the verdict and a handful of my friends so angry about it I don't even recognize them as the people I know in real life. 

Speaking of Trials:

trials.jpg

5 hours ago, theguru said:

You can look at Facebook on this one too and see the same thing. Among my friends I don't see anything on Arbery.  On Rittenhouse I see friends mostly "celebrating" the verdict and a handful of my friends so angry about it I don't even recognize them as the people I know in real life. 

Same here!

On 11/22/2021 at 12:39 PM, Beechwoodfan said:

I too am shocked that there hasn’t been as much coverage on this. From what little but I have seen, I think everyone of those guys should go to jail.

 

 

This case isn't divisive enough, most people see it the same way. Media only sells what is divisive.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.