Ahmaud Arbery

Who shot that video? Was it someone involved, or a passerby who noticed something was going on?

I read where it is legal in Georgia for a citizen to chase down and subdue a suspected criminal. Once they drove by him they had to see he had no weapon. It appears he grabbed the gun in his own self defense. How can two guys waiting on him, both holding guns claim self defense?

These awful videos have certainly done a lot to enlighten me, and hopefully most other people.

I can not stand people who try to take the law into their own hands and end up hurting innocent people.

These type of people are awful for civilians and probably even worse for LEO's. If they want to do that, sign up and REALLY do the job, not only when it's convenient for them.

These type of people are awful for civilians and probably even worse for LEO's. If they want to do that, sign up and REALLY do the job, not only when it's convenient for them.

Nah. They are cowards and would act in a similar fashion if given a badge.

There is apparently more video the police have that has not been released. Regardless, I don't think any civilian should be chasing someone down imo unless that person is a threat to someone else's safety. That's just my opinion though.

I heard the victim's family attorney say in an interview this morning that the video was shot by one of the 2 suspects. The father I think.

There are at least three people beyond the jogger. One doing the video. One in the back of the truck with a pistol. The one on the street with the shotgun that pulls the trigger twice. If the father is in the truck with the video, who is the 3rd person?

There is apparently more video the police have that has not been released. Regardless, I don't think any civilian should be chasing someone down imo unless that person is a threat to someone else's safety. That's just my opinion though.

Exactly.

I have also read elsewhere that there may be a 9-1-1 call involved with this case? And that the victim may have possibly been trying to break into some cars? I have no idea if that's true, but I read it.

For sake of the argument, let's say it is. Let's say he'd broken into some cars. Heck, let's say he's got pockets full of jewelry and cash that he's stolen. Why on earth do you pursue him in a truck with a shotgun? There's no call for it. Contact the authorities and entrust the situation to them. That's why they exist.

In my opinion citizens arrest are almost always a bad idea and attempting to make one is not smart. It’s also very unintelligent to make one without a crime even occurring. Then, if the person dies who you were trying to arrest, for a crime they weren’t committing, you’re asking for life behind bars. This should be pretty clear cut in court.

• Like 1

Georgia bureau got involved, they have been arrested and charged locally. Now they can start to build a defense even though I don’t see how they have one. I still think the DA/Grand Jury outside of Brunswick was a better option, but with all the spotlight, I don’t see how they get off easily, even in their own county.