Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ahmaud Arbery

Featured Replies

Former NBA player, Shannon Brown, was arrested on May 4th after two people entered his home and he fired a rifle in their direction. The incident happened around 6pm and he was arrested around 9:45pm.

 

Like I said, every case is different, every place is different. There are probably plenty of examples of the opposite happening.

  • Replies 497
  • Views 50.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • PurplePride92
    PurplePride92

    The three men have been indicted on hate crime and attempted kidnapping charges by a federal prosecutor.           

  • John Anthony
    John Anthony

    AHMAUD ARBERY’S FATHER: "All lives matter, not just blacks. We don't wanna see nobody go through this...It's all our problem. So hey, let's keep fighting, let's keep doing it, & making this place

  • I am glad you were right. Justice has been served in this case. 

Posted Images

Don’t quote me but I thought I read yes on this. I still don’t know if it will ultimately help the defense.

 

With a 911 call and the struggle for the gun, I doubt a murder charge will be filed. More likely manslaughter.

I will not watch the video. I have less than zero interest in watching someone get murdered.

 

I agree. I couldn't watch the video. To see someone just jogging along and then knowing what is about to happen, it's just too much.

 

I watched it before I really knew what I was watching. I still see the whole thing vividly from one viewing. I won’t watch it again.

 

I wish I hadn't watched it.

 

As barbaric as it sounds, I do think the video has opened the eyes of a number of people who needed them opened. I hate that I just said that, but I believe it to be true.

Had the police been called prior to the shooting? Perhaps a 911 call saying they were pursuing a burglary suspect?

 

Don’t quote me but I thought I read yes on this. I still don’t know if it will ultimately help the defense.

 

I read that there was a 911 call, but I don't know if the call included the authorities being told that civilians were in pursuit.

With a 911 call and the struggle for the gun, I doubt a murder charge will be filed. More likely manslaughter.

 

The son is gonna be charged much further than the dad, that’s probably apparent. As to what will stick, we’ll see. They won’t get off easily.

I wish I hadn't watched it.

 

As barbaric as it sounds, I do think the video has opened the eyes of a number of people who needed them opened. I hate that I just said that, but I believe it to be true.

 

Some absolutely need their eyes opened. Let's be honest. If you don't live the life of a black man you don't know what a black man experiences. It doesn't matter what you ARE (a teacher, a preacher, a cop, a banker), it only matters what you are NOT. If you aren't a black man, you don't experience what he experiences. Just like if you aren't a cop, teacher or preacher, you don't know what they experience.

 

I'm really afraid on this one that the killers won't serve time. This law where someone who is not a cop has the RIGHT to stop and detain anyone is insane. If you are a black man jogging in Georgia, how are you to know the difference between the guy who somehow has the "right" to detain you because he suspects you of a crime vs. the guy who says that but is really out to kill you? In reality, that can apply to any person. How does your 16 year old daughter know that the guy who runs up to her while she is jogging is legally detaining her because he suspects her of a crime vs. a guy who just says that but is using that "law" to where he can detain her and kidnap and rape her? When can she fight back?

 

Again, it's a messed up law. I hope that I'm wrong, but I feel that these guys won't serve any time.

  • Author
Like I said, every case is different, every place is different. There are probably plenty of examples of the opposite happening.

 

Yeah okay.

  • Author

As barbaric as it sounds, I do think the video has opened the eyes of a number of people who needed them opened. I hate that I just said that, but I believe it to be true.

 

I don’t.

  • Author
The son is gonna be charged much further than the dad, that’s probably apparent. As to what will stick, we’ll see. They won’t get off easily.

 

I wouldn’t be so sure. Their fate lies in the hands of the people who have protected them the last two months. I hope you are right but I am approaching this with the same low optimism for justice that I always have.

  • Author
Some absolutely need their eyes opened. Let's be honest. If you don't live the life of a black man you don't know what a black man experiences. It doesn't matter what you ARE (a teacher, a preacher, a cop, a banker), it only matters what you are NOT. If you aren't a black man, you don't experience what he experiences. Just like if you aren't a cop, teacher or preacher, you don't know what they experience.

 

I'm really afraid on this one that the killers won't serve time. This law where someone who is not a cop has the RIGHT to stop and detain anyone is insane. If you are a black man jogging in Georgia, how are you to know the difference between the guy who somehow has the "right" to detain you because he suspects you of a crime vs. the guy who says that but is really out to kill you? In reality, that can apply to any person. How does your 16 year old daughter know that the guy who runs up to her while she is jogging is legally detaining her because he suspects her of a crime vs. a guy who just says that but is using that "law" to where he can detain her and kidnap and rape her? When can she fight back?

 

Again, it's a messed up law. I hope that I'm wrong, but I feel that these guys won't serve any time.

 

I began carrying my .45 on me at all times yesterday. I always keep my magazine full and I do not keep one in the chamber. I also keep my magazine and gun separate but right next to each other or in my pocket together. I told her to remember that I always keep them separated and that if I am ever going to use it and she isn’t around then I’ll likely have already called her or alerted her somehow. I told her that if something ever happens to me and the police say my gun was loaded then they are lying and not to let them get away with that lie because if I fear my life is going to be taken by the police then she’ll get a phone call before it happens.

 

These are the kind of discussions that black men HAVE TO HAVE in America.

 

A lot of us are going to therapy these days as well.

I wouldn’t be so sure. Their fate lies in the hands of the people who have protected them the last two months. I hope you are right but I am approaching this with the same low optimism for justice that I always have.

 

I still wanted the DA to privately go to a grand jury to pursue charges and possibly a change of venue. The public outcry stopped that from happening and I get why. Still, I think they will both will do time, the son could face a lengthy stay.

Some absolutely need their eyes opened. Let's be honest. If you don't live the life of a black man you don't know what a black man experiences. It doesn't matter what you ARE (a teacher, a preacher, a cop, a banker), it only matters what you are NOT. If you aren't a black man, you don't experience what he experiences. Just like if you aren't a cop, teacher or preacher, you don't know what they experience.

 

I'm really afraid on this one that the killers won't serve time. This law where someone who is not a cop has the RIGHT to stop and detain anyone is insane. If you are a black man jogging in Georgia, how are you to know the difference between the guy who somehow has the "right" to detain you because he suspects you of a crime vs. the guy who says that but is really out to kill you? In reality, that can apply to any person. How does your 16 year old daughter know that the guy who runs up to her while she is jogging is legally detaining her because he suspects her of a crime vs. a guy who just says that but is using that "law" to where he can detain her and kidnap and rape her? When can she fight back?

 

Again, it's a messed up law. I hope that I'm wrong, but I feel that these guys won't serve any time.

 

Technically, they did not have a right to pursue/detain him they never witnessed a crime. That is a big part of the case we cannot overlook.

Technically, they did not have a right to pursue/detain him they never witnessed a crime. That is a big part of the case we cannot overlook.

I read in an article yesterday that the second district attorney that recused himself wrote a litter to go to the next DA that what they did was perfectly legal under GA law.

 

EDIT: The letter was written to the captain of the Glynn County PD.

I read in an article yesterday that the second district attorney that recused himself wrote a litter to go to the next DA that what they did was perfectly legal under GA law.

 

That’s the self defense claim, when they accused AA of trying to take the shotgun from them.

  • Author
I still wanted the DA to privately go to a grand jury to pursue charges and possibly a change of venue. The public outcry stopped that from happening and I get why. Still, I think they will both will do time, the son could face a lengthy stay.

 

I sure hope so. If that was my son lynched like that.......

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.