Ahmaud Arbery

I am not going to pretend to know any specifics of this case, because I don't and doubt many others do because news headlines have been on COVID-19 the last 60+ days. My only comment is about court systems at this time which I do know a little about. They are operating super slow in many states with Coronavirus, inclusive of grand juries.

Not clearly, my phone is messed up. I will look at it on my laptop later. What does the video show?

It's filmed from a car trailing Mr. Arbery jogging. As the car comes around a corner, there's another car stopped in the road. Mr. Arbery clearly runs around the car, an altercation begins and shots start being fired. The car in front was waiting on him.

First off, those dudes have no defense for chasing even a real burglar with a gun...let alone a guy that was just out for a run.

If I catch someone red-handed breaking into my car, I can't shoot him.

Based on the few bits of info here and in the one story that I read, I think the shooter gets indicted.

A lady in Richmond went missing last fall. Her blood was found in her husband's car but no body was found (was just found last week) or witness to the crime. He was finally arrested two weeks ago. It takes more than time that an episode of Law and Order takes to build and prepare a case to present to the grand jury.

I've had theft cases that took over a month to prepare to present to the grand jury, I would think a murder case would take longer. The shooter and his dad are claiming self defense and there are no other witnesses, so indictment by a grand jury is the correct way to proceed.

I recently read the average case takes 10-12 months to go to trial (most cases do not go to trial). I assume this includes the investigation portion through grand jury. Now maybe there should be some things expedited for serious crimes, but those take the longest to put together, in fairness.

I recently read the average case takes 10-12 months to go to trial (most cases do not go to trial). I assume this includes the investigation portion through grand jury. Now maybe there should be some things expedited for serious crimes, but those take the longest to put together, in fairness.

Do you believe that if the roles were reversed and it was two armed black men in a truck waiting to confront a white man jogging and they had a friend filming the whole confrontation and they killed that white jogger that they would be sitting at home free as a bird?

I think we all know my answer.

Do you believe that if the roles were reversed and it was two armed black men in a truck waiting to confront a white man jogging and they had a friend filming the whole confrontation and they killed that white jogger that they would be sitting at home free as a bird?

I think we all know my answer.

Probably not, but I was merely stating what I read about cases going to trial, not debating the merits of it or what is right/wrong with the justice system or saying 70+ days to go to a grand jury is justifiable in this case. I think most would be genuinely surprised how long most cases take before getting to trial. That's it.

A grand jury is needed to file charges?

A grand jury is needed to move forward with charges. How do you know they aren’t building a case? Give it time, you at one time thought the Dallas cop would get off as well. Let it play out, justice will be served, I 100% believe that.

Ahmaud was a 25 year old black man out for a jog on Sunday, February 23 in Brunswick, Georgia when he was shot by two white men who believed he was a burglar.

They have not been charged. Today is May 6th.

I saw this on Twitter last night and it was without a doubt one of the most disturbing, real videos I've ever seen in my life. The anger I feel is intense.

I just can't say anymore.

A lady in Richmond went missing last fall. Her blood was found in her husband's car but no body was found (was just found last week) or witness to the crime. He was finally arrested two weeks ago. It takes more than time that an episode of Law and Order takes to build and prepare a case to present to the grand jury.

I've had theft cases that took over a month to prepare to present to the grand jury, I would think a murder case would take longer. The shooter and his dad are claiming self defense and there are no other witnesses, so indictment by a grand jury is the correct way to proceed.

I hear you but the video has been in their hands for some time. At least that is my understanding. How these guys are not remanded without bail is beyond me.

I hear you but the video has been in their hands for some time. At least that is my understanding. How these guys are not remanded without bail is beyond me.

Depends on how the court system works there...this late into it, they probably are just waiting until the indictment.