Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ahmaud Arbery

Featured Replies

Have you seen the video?

 

Not clearly, my phone is messed up. I will look at it on my laptop later. What does the video show?

  • Replies 497
  • Views 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • PurplePride92
    PurplePride92

    The three men have been indicted on hate crime and attempted kidnapping charges by a federal prosecutor.           

  • John Anthony
    John Anthony

    AHMAUD ARBERY’S FATHER: "All lives matter, not just blacks. We don't wanna see nobody go through this...It's all our problem. So hey, let's keep fighting, let's keep doing it, & making this place

  • I am glad you were right. Justice has been served in this case. 

Posted Images

I am not going to pretend to know any specifics of this case, because I don't and doubt many others do because news headlines have been on COVID-19 the last 60+ days. My only comment is about court systems at this time which I do know a little about. They are operating super slow in many states with Coronavirus, inclusive of grand juries.

Not clearly, my phone is messed up. I will look at it on my laptop later. What does the video show?

 

It's filmed from a car trailing Mr. Arbery jogging. As the car comes around a corner, there's another car stopped in the road. Mr. Arbery clearly runs around the car, an altercation begins and shots start being fired. The car in front was waiting on him.

First off, those dudes have no defense for chasing even a real burglar with a gun...let alone a guy that was just out for a run.

 

If I catch someone red-handed breaking into my car, I can't shoot him.

 

Based on the few bits of info here and in the one story that I read, I think the shooter gets indicted.

A lady in Richmond went missing last fall. Her blood was found in her husband's car but no body was found (was just found last week) or witness to the crime. He was finally arrested two weeks ago. It takes more than time that an episode of Law and Order takes to build and prepare a case to present to the grand jury.

 

I've had theft cases that took over a month to prepare to present to the grand jury, I would think a murder case would take longer. The shooter and his dad are claiming self defense and there are no other witnesses, so indictment by a grand jury is the correct way to proceed.

 

I recently read the average case takes 10-12 months to go to trial (most cases do not go to trial). I assume this includes the investigation portion through grand jury. Now maybe there should be some things expedited for serious crimes, but those take the longest to put together, in fairness.

  • Author
I recently read the average case takes 10-12 months to go to trial (most cases do not go to trial). I assume this includes the investigation portion through grand jury. Now maybe there should be some things expedited for serious crimes, but those take the longest to put together, in fairness.

 

Do you believe that if the roles were reversed and it was two armed black men in a truck waiting to confront a white man jogging and they had a friend filming the whole confrontation and they killed that white jogger that they would be sitting at home free as a bird?

 

I think we all know my answer.

Do you believe that if the roles were reversed and it was two armed black men in a truck waiting to confront a white man jogging and they had a friend filming the whole confrontation and they killed that white jogger that they would be sitting at home free as a bird?

 

I think we all know my answer.

Probably not, but I was merely stating what I read about cases going to trial, not debating the merits of it or what is right/wrong with the justice system or saying 70+ days to go to a grand jury is justifiable in this case. I think most would be genuinely surprised how long most cases take before getting to trial. That's it.

While it’s open, I’ll add that the video looks bad and I do believe they will be charged. It’s hard to ask anyone to be patient, but give it time, justice will be served.

I don't know much about this either, but how can they claim self defense?

We're already two and a half months in and no charges have been filed? Tells you all you need to know.

 

Because of the coronavirus pandemic, courts are currently prohibited from empaneling grand juries.

Because of the coronavirus pandemic, courts are currently prohibited from empaneling grand juries.

 

A grand jury is needed to file charges?

A grand jury is needed to file charges?

 

A grand jury is needed to move forward with charges. How do you know they aren’t building a case? Give it time, you at one time thought the Dallas cop would get off as well. Let it play out, justice will be served, I 100% believe that.

Ahmaud was a 25 year old black man out for a jog on Sunday, February 23 in Brunswick, Georgia when he was shot by two white men who believed he was a burglar.

 

 

 

They have not been charged. Today is May 6th.

 

I saw this on Twitter last night and it was without a doubt one of the most disturbing, real videos I've ever seen in my life. The anger I feel is intense.

 

I just can't say anymore.

A lady in Richmond went missing last fall. Her blood was found in her husband's car but no body was found (was just found last week) or witness to the crime. He was finally arrested two weeks ago. It takes more than time that an episode of Law and Order takes to build and prepare a case to present to the grand jury.

 

I've had theft cases that took over a month to prepare to present to the grand jury, I would think a murder case would take longer. The shooter and his dad are claiming self defense and there are no other witnesses, so indictment by a grand jury is the correct way to proceed.

 

I hear you but the video has been in their hands for some time. At least that is my understanding. How these guys are not remanded without bail is beyond me.

I hear you but the video has been in their hands for some time. At least that is my understanding. How these guys are not remanded without bail is beyond me.

 

Depends on how the court system works there...this late into it, they probably are just waiting until the indictment.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.