Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ahmaud Arbery

Featured Replies

Georgia code or arrest by private persons:

 

A private person may arrest an offender if the offense is committed in his presence or within his immediate knowledge. If the offense is a felony and the offender is escaping or attempting to escape, a private person may arrest him upon reasonable and probable grounds of suspicion.

  • Replies 497
  • Views 50.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • PurplePride92
    PurplePride92

    The three men have been indicted on hate crime and attempted kidnapping charges by a federal prosecutor.           

  • John Anthony
    John Anthony

    AHMAUD ARBERY’S FATHER: "All lives matter, not just blacks. We don't wanna see nobody go through this...It's all our problem. So hey, let's keep fighting, let's keep doing it, & making this place

  • I am glad you were right. Justice has been served in this case. 

Posted Images

Georgia code or arrest by private persons:

 

A private person may arrest an offender if the offense is committed in his presence or within his immediate knowledge. If the offense is a felony and the offender is escaping or attempting to escape, a private person may arrest him upon reasonable and probable grounds of suspicion.

 

That is an incredibly stupid and irresponsible law. Mind boggling to be honest.

I began carrying my .45 on me at all times yesterday. I always keep my magazine full and I do not keep one in the chamber. I also keep my magazine and gun separate but right next to each other or in my pocket together. I told her to remember that I always keep them separated and that if I am ever going to use it and she isn’t around then I’ll likely have already called her or alerted her somehow. I told her that if something ever happens to me and the police say my gun was loaded then they are lying and not to let them get away with that lie because if I fear my life is going to be taken by the police then she’ll get a phone call before it happens.

 

These are the kind of discussions that black men HAVE TO HAVE in America.

 

A lot of us are going to therapy these days as well.

 

I understand your logic, but you gotta be locked and loaded with one in the chamber. That’s how I carry both of mine. If you were ever in a situation you were really going to use it, you won’t have time to load the clip, rack it, aim and fire.

I understand your logic, but you gotta be locked and loaded with one in the chamber. That’s how I carry both of mine. If you were ever in a situation you were really going to use it, you won’t have time to load the clip, rack it, aim and fire.

 

I'm with ya on that. I understand PP92's reasoning but to be honest carrying on your body that way is never a good idea. If you're ever in a situation where you would have to use it you become a stationary target while trying to ready your weapon. In a lot of scenarios thats gonna get you shot.

  • Author
I understand your logic, but you gotta be locked and loaded with one in the chamber. That’s how I carry both of mine. If you were ever in a situation you were really going to use it, you won’t have time to load the clip, rack it, aim and fire.

 

I'm with ya on that. I understand PP92's reasoning but to be honest carrying on your body that way is never a good idea. If you're ever in a situation where you would have to use it you become a stationary target while trying to ready your weapon. In a lot of scenarios thats gonna get you shot.

 

If I am ever in that kind of a situation slipping to where I don’t have time to load my gun then I messed up somewhere. It could be just arrogance on my part as well. I won’t be caught slipping so I figure I’ll have time to figure out my situation. I assume everyone is carrying as soon as I leave the house.

 

Basically what I am saying is that if I ever pull my gun out somebody is probably going to get shot and I am fully aware that it could be me. That’s just reality. I have a tremendous amount of respect for the damage that my weapon can inflict. I do not ever want to have to pull it out. If I do it means I was trying to save my life or someone else’s.

That is an incredibly stupid and irresponsible law. Mind boggling to be honest.

 

Feels very 19th century.

If I am ever in that kind of a situation slipping to where I don’t have time to load my gun then I messed up somewhere. It could be just arrogance on my part as well. I won’t be caught slipping so I figure I’ll have time to figure out my situation. I assume everyone is carrying as soon as I leave the house.

 

Basically what I am saying is that if I ever pull my gun out somebody is probably going to get shot and I am fully aware that it could be me. That’s just reality. I have a tremendous amount of respect for the damage that my weapon can inflict. I do not ever want to have to pull it out. If I do it means I was trying to save my life or someone else’s.

 

I have to agree with Deuce and JD here. It’s sort of like saying you will put your seatbelt on right before you see a crash coming.

  • Author
I have to agree with Deuce and JD here. It’s sort of like saying you will put your seatbelt on right before you see a crash coming.

 

Again, if someone is going to shoot me that quickly then my gun won’t matter. A weapon won’t stop you from being the victim of an unprovoked, random shooting.

That is an incredibly stupid and irresponsible law. Mind boggling to be honest.

 

Agree. If someone just committed a crime why would a citizen want to try to arrest them? Would they not want to do harm to a citizen trying to arrest them?

Again, if someone is going to shoot me that quickly then my gun won’t matter. A weapon won’t stop you from being the victim of an unprovoked, random shooting.

 

If you don’t feel comfortable, I wouldn’t want you to do it. But I wouldn’t feel comfortable at all unless I had one in the chamber.

Georgia code or arrest by private persons:

 

A private person may arrest an offender if the offense is committed in his presence or within his immediate knowledge. If the offense is a felony and the offender is escaping or attempting to escape, a private person may arrest him upon reasonable and probable grounds of suspicion.

 

Might be far past time to revisit that one.

I don’t.

I’m in the middle. I think a lot of eyes that needed to be opened were opened.

 

Then quickly closed with a “nothing to see here”.

Georgia code or arrest by private persons:

 

A private person may arrest an offender if the offense is committed in his presence or within his immediate knowledge. If the offense is a felony and the offender is escaping or attempting to escape, a private person may arrest him upon reasonable and probable grounds of suspicion.

 

Do you know when this law was enacted?

I read that Arbery's family wants the person who videotaped the shooting to be arrested also. I wonder what the charge could be?

I read that Arbery's family wants the person who videotaped the shooting to be arrested also. I wonder what the charge could be?

 

One story that I saw somewhere was that he was also in pursuit, not just a passerby.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.