Ahmaud Arbery

Why?

I would no more walk through a construction site than I would through someone's yard.

What makes construction sites fair game to tresspass on, as many on here have said they have done?

Interested in the layout of the house. I always enjoy looking at houses to see the design. I also go to real estate open houses a lot. Maybe pick up an idea that I could use in my own house.

Interested in the layout of the house. I always enjoy looking at houses to see the design. I also go to real estate open houses a lot. Maybe pick up an idea that I could use in my own house.

I love architecture and home design too. Going to open houses is a great idea, but tresspassing on a construction site seems to be out of limits...unless someone on site gives you permission to be there. I'm guessing most won't due to insurance reasons though.

I love architecture and home design too. Going to open houses is a great idea, but tresspassing on a construction site seems to be out of limits...unless someone on site gives you permission to be there. I'm guessing most won't due to insurance reasons though.

To be honest a lot of them don't mind, particularly if its a new subdivision or an addition to a subdivision. There literally isn't anything left on site worth any value to steal and if nothing else it helps sell the homes, as long as they are well built homes.

In my line of work I've seen a lot of the inside of homes that are being built, due to doing the sod, landscaping etc. To be honest they're not all built equally and if I were going to purchase a freshly built home I would want to see how it was framed, etc if I had the option to do so. Walking up and looking at it during the building phases is a good way to do that.

I've done that in the past, my uncle who is retired police has as well. That doesn't mean either of us had intentions to steal or damage the property. Again, if there is signage telling you to stay away then that's different. But if there isn't said signage I feel like it's fair game to take a look at it without fearing being shot to death.

And no one has ever stole anything from a construction site either.

The house being built was left wide open, I doubt anyone left anything there worth any value to steal. Not to mention the victim didn't have anything stolen on him, a weapon, etc.

In other words you can't just kill someone because they may or may not have stole something.

Would people assume he were at the construction site to steal if he were white?

How do you think half the heroin addicts get money for their drugs? It's not by going to a 9-5 job everyday. I'm surprised by how many people think it's completely normal to go on a construction site without any suspicion. Thefts at construction sites or remodeled homes is a common thing and the majority of time, in NKY, it's a white person doing it.

The house being built was left wide open, I doubt anyone left anything there worth any value to steal. Not to mention the victim didn't have anything stolen on him, a weapon, etc.

In other words you can't just kill someone because they may or may not have stole something.

No one is arguing that he should or shouldn't have been killed. That's just an ignorant thing to argue. But information has been left out, discussing it before the details come out in court is not going to change what happened or why.

No one is arguing that he should or shouldn't have been killed. That's just an ignorant thing to argue. But information has been left out, discussing it before the details come out in court is not going to change what happened or why.

What he was doing prior to the video where he was killed is irrelevant, especially seeing as the killers didn’t witness him so anything.

What he was doing prior to the video where he was killed is irrelevant, especially seeing as the killers didn’t witness him so anything.

They didn't see a black man jogging in their neighborhood. Say thats not allowed and go after him. That's the narrative being portrayed in the media and social media.

I haven’t had a lot of time to check on this thread or case this weekend. I don’t see where a lot has changed here. I still believe the 3 people who pursued AA, took an exorbitant amount of risk trying to place him under citizens arrest and I see very little in their favor, as a result of the incident.

They didn't see a black man jogging in their neighborhood. Say thats not allowed and go after him. That's the narrative being portrayed in the media and social media.

“A man believed to be Gregory McMichael called 911 seconds before the shooting to report “a black male running down the street,” audio recordings show. But the caller never described what kind of crime was allegedly being committed.”

“A man believed to be Gregory McMichael called 911 seconds before the shooting to report “a black male running down the street,” audio recordings show. But the caller never described what kind of crime was allegedly being committed.”

"The older McMichael reportedly saw a man running in broad daylight through his neighborhood and called 911 to report “a black man running down the street” and said he suspected the man was involved in recent burglaries."

It doesn't change that they should not have chased him, should not have confronted him and should have reported it to police and been done.

The Georgia Attorney General has requested the Department of Justice investigate how the case has been handled.

As far as people entering unfinished houses at construction sites, that has major insurance impact. I don’t care that he was in the house, no reason for him to be killed. Had a girl i went to high school with who entered an unfinished house. She fell through to the basement, landing on the concrete floor. Nearly killed her. Builders insurance had to cover it. Not sure why but they did. For this instance, it doesn’t matter because two civilians had no business killing this guy.

Then why have surveillance cameras inside?