What is your favorite non-burger/non-chicken sandwich?

Randy Parker

Exactly what I'd say. I liked it, but I wasn't all that blown away by it. If you ask me, Kentucky's state sandwich should be the Country Ham & Pimiento Cheese panini from Wallace Station in Versailles.

Man, Wallace Station brings back some memories for me. Had a good friend in college that lived in Frankfort. We'd go down and hang in his hometown from time to time in college, to just get away and twice we drove over to Wallace Station for lunch. They made a darn good sandwich.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly what I'd say. I liked it, but I wasn't all that blown away by it. If you ask me, Kentucky's state sandwich should be the Country Ham & Pimiento Cheese panini from Wallace Station in Versailles.

Love Wallace Station.

The #1 sandwich is a well-executed Cuban. Really tough to find one done the right way though. Cuban Pete's is pretty darn close in downtown Cincy.

I'd have a really good Italian right up there as well. Best in town for me is Fred and Geri's which is also a little spot downtown. If you haven't been there, I'd put it on the list next time you are in Cincy at lunchtime.

At home my go-to is the goetta and fried egg grilled cheese. It's awesome if I do say so myself.

The #1 sandwich is a well-executed Cuban. Really tough to find one done the right way though. Cuban Pete's is pretty darn close in downtown Cincy.

I'd have a really good Italian right up there as well. Best in town for me is Fred and Geri's which is also a little spot downtown. If you haven't been there, I'd put it on the list next time you are in Cincy at lunchtime.

At home my go-to is the goetta and fried egg grilled cheese. It's awesome if I do say so myself.

First time I ever ate a real Cuban was at a dive in Micanopy Florida. Been hooked ever since. The bread is the key.

If we’re allowed to include breakfast sandwiches then a good bacon egg and cheese bagel from any hole in the wall place in the New York area would be my go to. Also a really damn good bacon, egg, and cheese bagel from some place on Miami (OH) campus but I can’t remember the name of it for the life of me. If breakfast doesn’t count then it has to be a cheesesteak.

I've started to fall in love with an egg salad sandwich, with a slice of ham and some type of cheese. Real good.

It’s been years since I’ve had an egg salad sandwich. I used to a one or two a week from a little corner store back home when I worked on the city grounds crew. Never had it with ham but that sounds good.

Yes to this too. Went to Naples a few years ago and found a great place and ate Cubans 4 out of the 7 days I was there.