What is your favorite non-burger/non-chicken sandwich?

Randy Parker

As far as restaurants go, no one makes a better sandwich than Jersey Mike's.

Next time your there get a #13 with everything on it. It's an Italian sandwich .

The toppings include lettuce, tomatoes, onion, salt & pepper, oregano, oil & vinegar, banana peppers, jalapenos, mayo, and a red cherry pepper relish. The pepper relish is ot of this world and that sandwich never, ever disappoints!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next time your there get a #13 with everything on it. It's an Italian sandwich .

The toppings include lettuce, tomatoes, onion, salt & pepper, oregano, oil & vinegar, banana peppers, jalapenos, mayo, and a red cherry pepper relish. The pepper relish is ot of this world and that sandwich never, ever disappoints!

I went by Jersey Mike's for the first time a couple months ago and grabbed a chicken cheesesteak sandwich. It was tremendous.

Hands down my favorite chain sub place.

Owensboro was supposed to be getting one of those, but they haven't started building it yet, and given the current situation with restaurants, I wonder if they still will.

The one in Crestview Hills isn't open yet. They've been offering curbside pickup every Friday afternoon as you order a couple days before, and they bring it from one of their other locations. I have yet to try it, but I'm hoping they're good. Options for a good chicken salad are slim in NKY. I'm not a fan of fruit and nuts in my chicken salad.

What is the bread like at Jersey Mike's? I like soft bread. That's the reason I will never order again from Jimmy John's, because they have a tough bread.

Their bread is maybe a little tough but not at all like Jimmy Johns as far as toughness. The other plus is that you actually get a decent portion of meat.

Anyone else enjoy a good Gyros? Greek to Me on Dixie highway makes a good one.

I've heard a lot of people say that. My sister-in-law has a bunch of dietary restrictions because of some pretty extensive food allergies (I'd be absolutely miserable if I were in her shoes), but she can do a lot of Mediterranean food. They get Greek To Me like once a week, and my brother raves about how good their Gyros are. If you're ever in Louisville, the Grape Leaf is a great spot on Frankfort Avenue for Mediterranean...and their gyros are killer. Taziki's is a little less of an upscale, sit-down spot, but they have great gyros too.

I've heard a lot of people say that. My sister-in-law has a bunch of dietary restrictions because of some pretty extensive food allergies (I'd be absolutely miserable if I were in her shoes), but she can do a lot of Mediterranean food. They get Greek To Me like once a week, and my brother raves about how good their Gyros are. If you're ever in Louisville, the Grape Leaf is a great spot on Frankfort Avenue for Mediterranean...and their gyros are killer. Taziki's is a little less of an upscale, sit-down spot, but they have great gyros too.

I've been to the grape leaf about 4 times. I am always on Frankfort Avenue the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. I go there once a year and always look forward to it.

What is the bread like at Jersey Mike's? I like soft bread. That's the reason I will never order again from Jimmy John's, because they have a tough bread.

The bread is soft with a crispy (for lack of a better word) crust. It doesn't have the chew that Jimmy John's has. The meat is sliced to order, which makes it so much better than Jimmy John's and Subway.

Anyone else enjoy a good Gyros? Greek to Me on Dixie highway makes a good one.

I can't eat the traditional gyro meat, but I like a good chicken gyro. However, the one I had from there was not good at all. The chicken was dry and flavorless. Mythos in downtown Cincinnati was the best place for gyros years ago. A little old Greek man had a small food stand on Fountain Square for years, and finally decided to open a restaurant. However, he opened 4 within a year, and all within about a mile of each other, which I think is why they didn't last. The chicken gyros, souvlaki, tzaziki, and baklava were outstanding. I'd eat there at least once a week.