What is your favorite non-burger/non-chicken sandwich?

Randy Parker

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A real Philly Cheesesteak, or a real Italian sub, neither of which you can find in this area. For Cheesesteaks, Penn Station is ok. Westshore Pizza in West Chester, OH is about the closest thing you can find to a real Philly Cheesesteak in this area, because they use the actual Amoroso's rolls that most of the places in the Philadelphia area uses.

For subs, around here there's nothing even close to what you get in the Mid Atlantic states. It's usually the first thing I get when I visit my hometown.

Goetta, Egg and Cheese on a split Marty's Waffle. Put a little bit of hot sauce under the pepper jack cheese slice as it melts on the egg.

That sounds so good.

For me it's between a BLT, Philly cheese steak, and reuben.

There's still nothing better than a grilled cheese sometimes though. And a steak hoagie with pizza sauce really hits the spot on a cold day. The Italian Beef sandwich at Come Back Inn here in Louisville is probably on my personal list of top 20 things I've ever eaten.

Hot take: the Kentucky Hot Brown, overall, is mehhh.

I've never had a Ky Hot Brown that I thought tasted great. I don't really understand open-faced sandwiches.

Agreed. I’ve tried several, and have been underwhelmed by all of them.

I've had several from The Brown Hotel in Louisville. You likely won't find a better one anywhere else, and even there they are just "pretty good."

I've had several from The Brown Hotel in Louisville. You likely won't find a better one anywhere else, and even there they are just "pretty good."

Exactly what I'd say. I liked it, but I wasn't all that blown away by it. If you ask me, Kentucky's state sandwich should be the Country Ham & Pimiento Cheese panini from Wallace Station in Versailles.