SEC: Overrated

Jim Schue

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After further review, I'll retract the top to bottom statement. I will take their 1-5 against any other conference's 1-5. :thumb:

That's definitely a statement I can get behind. Especially the top 3, where you've got OSU (12-0), Michigan (11-1, only loss to OSU), and Wisconsin (11-1, only loss to Michigan).

You make some valid arguments.

You say Arkansas makes a rise off of one player. OK. If OSU were to lose Troy Smith, what happens to OSU? What if Michigan loses Hart? One player means a lot to many teams.

Yeah imagine if Louisville lost Micheal Bush... Oh wait... nevermind.

The SEC is the best conference most years, but not this year.

Here's why:

The best teams struggle to win at home against the worst teams in the conference.

Florida needed a FG block at home to escape SC

LSU needed OT to beat Ole Miss

UGA crushed Auburn

Just to name a few

Arkansas comes out of nowhere to establish itself as the best team in the conference. On the strength of basically one player.

Kentucky is having a great year in the conference, yet struggles at home against an absolutely awful team.

Bottom line: The SEC lives off that "top to bottom" hogwash, yet refuses to schedule tough non-conference games. What are they afraid of? That the unfortunate ugly truth will be exposed?

At best, the SEC is equal to the other major conferences.

And don't use the whole "the SEC has five ranked teams" garbage. So does the ACC, and they're in a very down year.

Well I said what I had to say yesterday in the previous thread that we talked about this in, and you really didn't have much to say back to it because your reasoning for why the SEC is not the best can be said for EVERY OTHER SINGLE CONFERENCE IN AMERICA. So I am not going to repeat it all again in this thread. The SEC is the best top to bottom but just not by that much anymore over the other conferences...