SEC: Overrated

Jim Schue

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the BCS shows the top is up there with the rest of the country as well.

When you watch those four teams, do you get the feeling they are as good as you've seen from that school recently? I've yet to see it from anyone mentioned outside of Arkansas and this is a rare year for them...

My thing is for the people who are saying the SEC is not the best, to say which conference they think is the best then and why. Because I think it would be real hard to find an argument for that conference that wouldn't go against what you all are saying about the SEC, because just about every conference in America the top teams in the conference has had some tough games against teams not in the top in the conference...

My thing is for the people who are saying the SEC is not the best, to say which conference they think is the best then and why. Because I think it would be real hard to find an argument for that conference that wouldn't go against what you all are saying about the SEC, because just about every conference in America the top teams in the conference has had some tough games against teams not in the top in the conference...

I don't think you can name a best this year. All have plenty of strengths, and all have more weaknesses than normal...

Out of the four games that have been played the SEC got spanked in three of them. Also Miss St played WVU, they got spanked at home to.

What is embarrasingly bad is the BCS record and simply the number of times they play on the road.

The BCS wins include Duke twice, Colorado, Washington State and the two good wins Arizona and Cal.

Yes, but the 3 of the losses are the bottom SEC teams playing the top teams in other conferences. The Arkansas loss to USC is the only bad loss. I wouldn't hang my arguement on Vandy losing to Mich, UK losing to UofL, and Miss St losing to WVU if I were you.

Out of the four games that have been played the SEC got spanked in three of them. Also Miss St played WVU, they got spanked at home to.

What is embarrasingly bad is the BCS record and simply the number of times they play on the road.

The BCS wins include Duke twice, Colorado, Washington State and the two good wins Arizona and Cal.

Thats not the point. Unfortunately LSU and Auburn both have good enough teams to beat other good teams when they show up, but didnt play anyone. A lot of the teams who have played really good OOS teams have been our weaker teams. Now Florida usually has a good OOS, but Fla St is so down this year and Southern Miss is usually pretty good.

Now it is true Ark. was handled by USC, but that was with their 3rd best QB starting and a lot of young players playing. Right now Ark maybe as good as anyone, but it took them a few weeks to hit their stride.

Now who has UL, WVA, or Rutgers beat beside each other?