SEC: Overrated

Jim Schue

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think people around the nation was watching Sports Center and seen where UL beat Kansas St and said to theirselve, man that is an impressive win for UL. Its a good solid win, but it didnt really turn heads in college football.
Only because the early part of the season is based on people's pre-concieved notions of who's good and who's not. The same logic applies to the fact that at the time, Louisville's blowout of Miami was considered a big deal.

They have just as good an argument as the SEC...better, IMO. That's why I rated them #1.

But, I said before, I think they're close. If you think the SEC is better, that's fine...just don't knock the Pac-10 and tout the SEC...you don't have a leg to stand on there.

Florida, Ark, LSU are all in the top 10 in the polls. Auburn and UT are in the top 20.

USC is the only Pac10 team in the top 20. Cal is the only other Pac10 in the top 25.

There is my leg to stand on. :sssh:

Louisville whooped Kansas State, who beat Texas.

I don't want to hear about Colt McCoy's injury, either;

A) It's not why they lost the game and

B) Louisville played the entire game with their backup QB, who while I think is progressing nicely, was not an all-world Elite 11 QB prospect like Texas' backup.

In any case, Louisville also beat Kentucky... last I checked, UK was the hottest thing since sliced bread around here. Last week, everyone was talking up where UK was rated by the BCS formulas and computer rankings.

K-State also lost to Baylor. That doens't bold well for your arguement.

Let's start with the Big East getting no respect. Not True.

The Big East has had 3 different teams in the ranked in the top 6 in the country this year by the coaches poll and the AP poll. That's R-E-S-P-E-C-T!!!!!!! I'll take the top 3 in the Big East against any other league in the country's top 3.

Who has UL beat?

UL Romped over the Cats by 31 points, who are bowl bound playing for 2ND place in the SEC East. UL didn't just beat Miami they thrashed em 31-7 when they were ranked #17, no one else has beaten Miami by more than 10 this year, UL hammered bowl bound K-State second in the Big 12 North 24-7 at home and they went on to beat beat mighty #2 ranked Texas, UL beat a undefeated #3 ranked WVU (last years Sugar bowl champ), UL has also beaten bowl bound So Fla and UC. If UL beats Pitt Saturday they could finish 7-1 against teams that go to bowl games this year. One more game that some may not remember, that Oregon State team that beat USC the other day was trounced on their home field last year by the Cards 63-27.

If not for the upset at Rutgers, these Cards would probably be playing OSU for the title.

The Big East has had 3 different teams in the ranked in the top 6 in the country this year by the coaches poll and the AP poll. That's R-E-S-P-E-C-T!!!!!!! I'll take the top 3 in the Big East against any other league in the country's top 3.

Who has UL beat?

UL Romped over the Cats by 31 points, who are bowl bound playing for 2ND place in the SEC East. UL didn't just beat Miami they thrashed em 31-7 when they were ranked #17, no one else has beaten Miami by more than 10 this year, UL hammered bowl bound K-State second in the Big 12 North 24-7 at home and they went on to beat beat mighty #2 ranked Texas, UL beat a undefeated #3 ranked WVU (last years Sugar bowl champ), UL has also beaten bowl bound So Fla and UC. If UL beats Pitt Saturday they could finish 7-1 against teams that go to bowl games this year. One more game that some may not remember, that Oregon State team that beat USC the other day was trounced on their home field last year by the Cards 63-27.

If not for the upset at Rutgers, these Cards would probably be playing OSU for the title.

Those 3 over tOSu, Michigan and Wisconsin in the Big 10? Over Florida, Arkansas, and either Auburn, LSU, or UT in the SEC? Wow, is about all I have to say.

Who has UL beat?

Are you serious? Did you just use a win the Cards had last year over a team that had a good win this year?

Louisville whooped Kansas State, who beat Texas.

I don't want to hear about Colt McCoy's injury, either;

A) It's not why they lost the game and

B) Louisville played the entire game with their backup QB, who while I think is progressing nicely, was not an all-world Elite 11 QB prospect like Texas' backup.

In any case, Louisville also beat Kentucky... last I checked, UK was the hottest thing since sliced bread around here. Last week, everyone was talking up where UK was rated by the BCS formulas and computer rankings.

But UK is in the bottom half of an overrated conference, remember...Can't count that one.....

Florida, Ark, LSU are all in the top 10 in the polls. Auburn and UT are in the top 20.

USC is the only Pac10 team in the top 20. Cal is the only other Pac10 in the top 25.

There is my leg to stand on. :sssh:

I never said you couldn't argue that the SEC was the best...what you can't do is ridicule the Pac-10 in doing so...that's where you lose your leg to stand on, because you're splitting hairs when you compare those conferences.

Just talking about a UL-OSU matchup, a WVU-Michigan game or Rutgers-Wisconsin is fun. I not revealing my picks because I am biased on this one.

I would love to see it not because I think The Big East would dominate all the time but I just think these are the types of games that we as fans deserve to see. I bet you said "Wow" after the Sugar Bowl last year.

There is parity in college football.

Think Fla-OSU, Ark-Mich and Auburn, LSU vs Wisconsin a minute. Good games iall, in fact I think I'd pick OSU, Ark and UA/LSU.

We need a playoff, this political crap that we have now is pitiful.

All we ever get is a mythical champion.

1/4 of the top 20 teams are SEC teams............

2 of the top 5.

3 of the top 10.

How can that enable anyone to say it is overated??

Georgia is dangerous and EVERYONE knows it. Regardless of their faltering.

Just ask Auburn.

The ole Ball Coach has a sneaky program that scares teams....admit it.

Lost by one touchdown or less to 4 top 12 teams. ALL IN CONFERENCE.

South Carolina played a TOUGH, TOUGH schedule!!!

If your going to be playing 5 or 6 top 20 teams IN YOUR CONFERENCE...

your schedule is hard to start with.

BUT, i dont condone scheduling nobodies.

But other teams already have creampuffs added to their schedule automatically.

Serious as a heart attack, Do it all the time. Feel free to do it yourself. There is no harm in it. Everybody still refers back to last year's Sugar Bowl all the time.

I personally would love to use only games that have been played this year but that can't happen. There's 2 problems, there are certain teams who are in the BCS click that won't schedule anyone that is capable of beating them outside of their conference (unless it's another BCS Click Team) and secondly, you have the BCS committee always making sure that the click teams play one another in their bowls so that nobody else but one of the gang gets a shot at their mythical title.

Manrule #112 --If teams are afraid to schedule your favorite teams you may use games from as far back as 3 seasons for comparisons when posting on websites.

Just talking about a UL-OSU matchup, a WVU-Michigan game or Rutgers-Wisconsin is fun. I not revealing my picks because I am biased on this one.

I would love to see it not because I think The Big East would dominate all the time but I just think these are the types of games that we as fans deserve to see. I bet you said "Wow" after the Sugar Bowl last year.

There is parity in college football.

Think Fla-OSU, Ark-Mich and Auburn, LSU vs Wisconsin a minute. Good games iall, in fact I think I'd pick OSU, Ark and UA/LSU.

We need a playoff, this political crap that we have now is pitiful.

All we ever get is a mythical champion.

I'm going to have to agree with you on that part. That is fun, especially talking with you.:sssh:

Top Ranked Conference teams

SEC = 5 (3 in the top 10)

ACC = 5 (could be 6)

Big 10 = 3 (all in the top ten)

BEast = 3

PAC 10 = 2

One could argue the ACC is the best this year, but Georgia and South Carolina are both probably better then the ACC's only other good team ------Maryland.

But really, which conference is Better then the SEC or the ACC??

Of course USC schedules more OOC - they have to.

And Notre Dames? Ugh. Awful schedule.

9 SEC teams are ranked in the top 50 for SOS!

2 are in the top 10.

Mississippi, Vanderbilt & Miss States schedules are some of the toughest in the land.

Notre Dame #82 one above...:scared: Marshall! ooooohhhh!

haha

USC = #48 just above Air Force. :rolleyes:

UK, Tenn, Georgia, South Caralina, Miss, Miss St. Vandy all have tougher schedules.

Puhleaze.....

I could do this all day...rebuttal after rebuttal.