Everything posted by GulfCoastTyrant
-
Golf a sport?
Golf is just as much a sport as bowling, archery or skeet shooting.
-
Golf a sport?
Pool, Darts, Bowling and Lawn Darts are sports? Golf is in the same category.
-
Golf a sport?
Practice and training are two different things. Training in the sense of working out, lifting weights, running, jumping rope, sprints, diet and nutrient drinks, a Medical Staff or Physical Therapy. I'm not trying to change anyone's minds..which is cool. But don't post that it takes endurance to walk around the grass all day. Please!! Yeah..for my dad who has two bum legs..but not for most people. Most people are driving around in a golf cart..not walking 36 holes in a day. Professional athletes aren't carrying their own clubs. Its jut not physically difficult to play. You dont' run out of breath. You dont break a sweat. You don't have to be substituted for. You don't play in bad weather. (don't call a windy day bad weather,please.) Golf takes LOTS of practice. Golf does take SOME strategy. I concede alittle..but not much strategy. Golf is easier if you ARE in shape..but you don't have to be. PUTT PUTT on steroids.
-
Golf a sport?
Gymnastics = Physical training is paramount, endurance, strength. I don't like the fact that it is judged and not won. NOONE should say that GOLF is harder then the rings or pummel horse. Swimming = Physical training, strength, endurance. Plus its a race. You actually get to beat people by being faster. Diving = NOT a sport. Hobby. You are judged. :mad: You don't necessarily BEAT your opponents. Its not timed. Its not a race. You should be in shape..but you don't have to build your endurance. You don't break a sweat or run out of breath. Fat people don't win diving unless it is the belly flop Ice Skating = NOT a Sport. Entertainment...like a circus clown juggling. You can't WIN. You are judged. It is a matter of opinion who wins, like cheerleading. Surfing = Not a sport. A hobby. You can't WIN. You are judged like ice skating. Track and Field = Taining, endurance, physical ability. You race other people. _________________________________________________________________ So..is Horseshoes a sport with TRUE athletes? What about Darts or Pool? How about championship PUTT PUTT. :lol: Everything can't be a sport. Some things have to be games & hobbies. At least in Golf you win and aren't judged. Golf just lacks LOTS of SPORT attributes..training, endurance, physical ability, coaching, strategy, defense.
-
Golf a sport?
David Wells and Dmitri Young are out of shape, no doubt. So they can DEFINATELY play golf. :thumb: Pitchers don't do much but pitch. Everyone else on the team fields, runs, hits, etc. But even when they hit the baseball, they still had to RUN. You NEVER, EVER have to run in golf. You don't even jog alittle. :D You just simply don't break a sweat unless it is a hot day.
-
Golf a sport?
Also...on the question of Golf being a sport....... How much training does a golf player need? Not PRACTICE. Plenty of practice is needed... but physical training. Like working on his endurance, breathing, weight training, running sprints, suicides, running routes, perfecting timing, developing teammate cohesiveness? Nah.... Or the fact that you don't even have to carry your own clubs for crying out loud. hahahahahaha....
-
Golf a sport?
It is VERY hard to be good at it. Putting kills me, I'm not patient enough for it. I usually just quit when I get on the green and move on to the next hole. I just mean that it isn't hard to do, necessarily. But it is even easier to put a basketball in the basket. :lol:
-
Golf a sport?
- High School Shot Clocks
A shot clock would be fine. Adapt to the game. Plus, it would prepare kids for college ball since it is used there. Are there shot clocks in AAU??- Johnson Central 28 Ashland 21
You take Coach Hart (an experienced college coach) and let him play your team for a 2nd time and your going to get a MUCH, MUCH different outcome. Too bad they outcome was just short. Good season for the tomcats, no doubt about it. Only won team gets to win the trophy. Everyone else gets a loss at the end of the season. Its not what you do at the end, its what you did all year. :thumb:- Coaches Cursing: Does It Bother You?
Bottom line = It should NEVER be "okay" to cuss as a school board employee to students during a school event on school property. There is no other way around it. Wrong is wrong sometimes. Would it bother me as a player - No. Does it bother MOST people - Not really. Is it often expected and accepted - yes BUT-------- If one school employee can do it in public and get away with it - the lawsuit just beckons to have: *Your gym teacher cuss at you during class and get away with it. *ROTC instructor cuss at you during inspection. *The band director cussing during marching practice. *The cheerleader cuss the girls for missing manuevers. *The soccer coach, the baseball coach, the basketball coach, the track coach, and so on and so on.... So everyone gets to cuss when things aren't going there way or just the football coach??? Hypocracy! As for what COULD be done about it. A principal should be able to control their employees from using foul language around students. IE: Warnings, written reprimands, extra duties, coach from the box, Limit the sideline coaches, supspend him from the sideline. Any principal worth his/her salt would be able to handle it.- Boyd County vs Ashland predictions
The Ashland Games used to be broadcast on 97 via the internet. But, i don't see alink on there anymore. Does anyone have any information about listening to the game o the net????????????- Do Cheerleaders Get Part of the Gate?
Potential Profit = *Home Squad of 15 cheerleaders with 2 parents each = 30 tickets. *Visiting cheerleaders and their parents. *Band (size 60) with 2 parents each = 120 tickets purchased. SEVERAL, SEVERAL band programs are twice the size of the football team. *Visiting Band revenue a couple times a year. Its HIGHLY likely there are younger brothers and sisters whose tickets had to be bought. Now, throw in concession stand purchases that go toward supporting at least one of the school teams. It would be easy to say $1000's of dollars a year are spent from people who are directly involved with OTHER school teams, NOT JUST the football team. I think that a small percentage would be justified. :ylsuper: OTHERWISE - lets see a band/cheerleading boycott and THEN count up your gate receipts. I guarentee a 30% decrease in profit. I've added up enough gate sales and concession funds before to know how important EVERYONE is that shows up.- Do Cheerleaders Get Part of the Gate?
Concessions go to = whoever. (depends) I've seen lots of bands do the football concession while another group does the basketball concessions. Or The site based council can let it rotate from group to group. Ticket sales often would go in an Athletic fund, but I guess that isn't always the case. Lots of parents do pay to watch their child play in the band or cheer at the game. As for band and cheerleading competitions, as soon as the football team starts showing up and providing a service at those events, they should be included in the profit from the band and cheerleaders. I guess it could change from district to district.- Donate Blood - Kicked Off the Team
These kids can donate blood anytime..it didn't have to be at a school drive and for that matter, they could do it AFTER the season ended. It is better that they did it on a Monday instead of a Thursday or Friday. Nothing wrong with the coach enforcing his no practice/no play policy..but kicking them off the team was too extreme. Glad to see all is well, now. I've asked kids not to donate blood during the day because of after-school practice and traveling school functions. Donating blood wasn't an emergency procedure to be completed immediately. Several students view it as an easy way to get out of class and hang out in the gym eating food and hanging out with girls for a while. :sssh:- College Players out of the 16th?????
Blazer Marty Thomas = Eastern Kentucky Right? Also - Frank Lee/ Boyd County played at Marshall for a year or two?? I think he quit or something after his sophomore year.- Ashland vs Huntington game cancelled?
Nice. I guess a buyout would be pre-arranged so that you wouldn't have any leverage to hold in circumstances like OJ transferring.- Ashland vs Huntington game cancelled?
I admit i'm out of the loop for basketball rosters (cause its football season) It's easier to ask here then do my own research. Why would it be a big deal for ASH to play RHCS? I remember hearing about the one young kid who was highly ranked national for RHCS. What else am I missing?- Ashland vs Huntington game cancelled?
Did they HAVE to let them buyout of the game? I have to admit I don't know alot about that. And if not, Why would you. That isn't alot of Money. Of make them pay more to get out of it then, IMO.- Nicest/largest stadiums and facilities
The track field was the old football field, right? What was in the place of where the new field is now?- Demise of The Ashland Tomcats?
Don't throw me under the bus! I'm proud that I AM quoted in this post. I don't have Maroon-blockers on. When the defending State Champions, A MVP and Mr. Football candidate, A powerhouse team with strings of playoff wins and 3 straight Semifinal appearances come back to back on your schedule........splitting would be good. I put them down for splitting with Belfry /Russell and going undefeated in the district. (dont forget it took 4 overtimes to pull out the victories. :thumb: ) Here is the rest of the quote.... -------------------------------------------------------------------------- 0-3.......... on their way to 7 - 3. That would be a GREAT season. Early losses and good competition make for a hardened team come time for district games.- Ashland vs. Prestonsburg Predictions
I would like to see someone post a couple pics of some games and the Putnam field on here. Mine are all from last year. I'm curious what is on the 50 yd line this year? If you haven't seen the paint graphics on LSU's field.....awesome. "Eye of the Tiger" Looks great. Perhaps an "Eye of the Tomcat" would be cool on the field! haha. Cats roll...Thomas has 4 touchdowns and the bench gets some valuable playing time to prep them for district play.- Raceland 21 Ashland 16
0 - 3?? Hmmmmm......... I'd hate to say it, but it is likely. I didn't expect them to win both games against Belfry and Russ. That is tough. Splitting will be awesome! 0-3.......... on their way to 7 - 3. That would be a GREAT season. :thumb: Early losses and good competition make for a hardened team come time for district games.- Ashland vs. Raceland Predictions
I would love to see an updated pic of the field this year. What's lining the 50 yard line? Go Cats!! Man, I love this time of year. So does alot of other people, by the number of rookie posts! haha!! :ylsuper:- Former Fairview Star Chris Jennings Getting D1 Shot At Arizona
"If he continues at this rate, he will play, he will help us and he will earn a scholarship, that's for sure," Arizona Coach Stoops said. Nice! You knew he would play. Too bad he had to wait a couple of years for potential spotlight. Would have liked to see him in the backfield at KY or West Virginia. - High School Shot Clocks