Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Donate Blood - Kicked Off the Team

Featured Replies

  • Replies 30
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this also, and something just doesn't sound right.:confused:

I don't think this is telling the whole story. We're missing something here.

That is absurd. What an example this coach is. :rolleyes:

I don't think this is telling the whole story. We're missing something here.

 

I agree.

I agree there is more to this story or the coach is a total nut case.

  • Author
I agree there is more to this story or the coach is a total nut case.

 

I'll take "B", Alex.

  • Author
I don't think this is telling the whole story. We're missing something here.

 

There doesn't appear to be much missing. Players said their equipment was removed after he saw them donating blood. Coach apologizes. Players back on team. School board addresses the situation.

 

What's missing?

There doesn't appear to be much missing. Players said their equipment was removed after he saw them donating blood. Coach apologizes. Players back on team. School board addresses the situation.

 

What's missing?

 

 

They don't say if the coach told them not to donate blood on that day. There was practice on that day. It might not have been a good idea to doante a pint and then try to go out and pratice that afternoon. Kind of sounds like the matter of donating may have already been addressed.

  • Author
They don't say if the coach told them not to donate blood on that day. There was practice on that day. It might not have been a good idea to doante a pint and then try to go out and pratice that afternoon. Kind of sounds like the matter of donating may have already been addressed.

 

As I told someone else, I have no problem with the kids suffering consequences if they missed practice. Sometimes in life, you have to make a hard decision and the kids have to learn that even if they think they are right, there are still rules to follow. If this coach sat them down/demoted them/ made them earn their way back, that's fine. I would not choose that as a coach but to each his own. Kicking them off the teach shows that the coach is a meathead and has no interest in teaching his kids about life.

As I told someone else, I have no problem with the kids suffering consequences if they missed practice. Sometimes in life, you have to make a hard decision and the kids have to learn that even if they think they are right, there are still rules to follow. If this coach sat them down/demoted them/ made them earn their way back, that's fine. I would not choose that as a coach but to each his own. Kicking them off the teach shows that the coach is a meathead and has no interest in teaching his kids about life.

:thumb:

There doesn't appear to be much missing. Players said their equipment was removed after he saw them donating blood. Coach apologizes. Players back on team. School board addresses the situation.

 

What's missing?

Maybe the team was told to donate blood on a certain day and these players decided to ignore the coach. I'm sure we don't know everything.

Maybe the team was told to donate blood on a certain day and these players decided to ignore the coach. I'm sure we don't know everything.

 

 

That is the point I was trying to make.

Maybe the team was told to donate blood on a certain day and these players decided to ignore the coach. I'm sure we don't know everything.

 

That is the point I was trying to make.

 

Your optimistic take on human character is refreshing (even if it may be a bit naive). It's nice to know there are folks that don't believe the worst in a person due to negative newspaper article.

 

:thumb:

I have had athletes donate blood and then try to participate in sports afterward. Not a good idea. They were weak and did not play their best. Maybe that is what the coach was worried about. Them getting hurt. He may have told them not to give blood.

 

I can understand him holding them out of practice but not kicking them off the team. And if his policy is that if you miss a practice you sit out a game then he has to follow through.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.