Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Golf a sport?

Is golf a sport? 81 members have voted

  1. 1. Is golf a sport?

    • Yes
      86%
      70
    • No
      13%
      11

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 150
  • Views 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how bout nascar ?

A lot of people say golf isn't a sport. Thats probably because they don't like it or aren't very good at it. It is the hardest sport to play if you think about it. I mean there are fields up 150 people you have to face a lot of times. Golf isn't just something you walk into and your good at it. People work their whole lives to be good at it. Golf is definately a sport.

It's got a ball doesn't it???

It's got a ball doesn't it???

So does croquet.

 

I'm undecided.

I can see both sides to this one, but I said yes. It could be a sport for some people and just a hobby for others.

It doesn't get any more simple than the dictionary.com definition:

 

sport premium.gifthinsp.pngspeaker.gif /spɔrt, spoʊrt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[spawrt, spohrt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun 1.an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.

The golf swing is a very dynamic athletic motion no different than a quarterback throwing a football or a hitter in baseball. Like anything else, even though their may be some exceptions, the better conditioned athlete you are, the better golpher you will become. Golf combines athleticism with a mental game which is extremely difficult to master.

I can see both sides to this one, but I said yes. It could be a sport for some people and just a hobby for others.

I agree with this. It's a sport for professionals. For most everyone else, its a hobby.

I've never played golf as a professional. I've played in some tournaments. I've hit balls at the range for hours, putted for hours, and played "situation shots" for hours. I never got better than a 10 handicap. That means I typically shot between 78-82. Just because there isn't running doesn't mean it's not a sport. You are playing for a score, either against yourself, the course, or other players. There is no team so everything is on you. You can't blame it on anyone but yourself if you win or lose. People who aren't athletes aren't good golfers. Most good golfers are good at other sports as well as golf. The golf swing is an art that needs to be practiced and retuned continously. Golf is competitive and takes athletic skill and precision. It's a sport.

I have to laugh every time I see this question posed. Unreal...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.