Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RowdyRedRam

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RowdyRedRam

  1. To comment of a few different points... I believe St X will roll through with ease. They are that much better than everyone else. St X stadium is great if you sit on the home side. Being a visitor it is not a good experience at all if the visitor bring a crowd. The standing views are bad and the seats fill up very quickly. Manual was defiantly on a down year this season. They were not as talented as they have been most years. They play well and always have under coach Nichols but they were shy of any star power, or at least in comparison to years before.
  2. http://www.tristateinternetsports.com/player.html and a link at manualfootball.com
  3. Manual only loses playoff games to St X.
  4. Both X and T have around 1500 boys. A point I might add. It wouldn't matter if Boone Co had 3000 boys if they didn't have 100+ freshman football players (nearly all with previous playing experience) showing up at the beginning of every season. If they (or anybody for that matter) begins to do that then they will compete, until then I think competing with X and T will be very very difficult.
  5. Manual really isn't that fast. I also think the Butler game was played in bad weather by two coaches that know each other as former assistants on the same staff, I wouldn't make too much by comparative scores. Manual's d is geared to stop the run so it should be a good one.
  6. I'm shocked that Manual could score 50 and shocked they could give up 39. Weird.
  7. This the first time in my memory that the NKY teams have played our (Manual StX Butler PRP) district in the playoffs. As a whole I think District 3 is down from there usual strength so it may be a good year for the NKY'ers. Manual has never played very well after losing to Male, I think the let down has a big psychological effect on the team. I still believe in Manual's defense and believe they have played a much stronger schedule to be plenty prepared for whatever Conner has to offer. I expect Manual to win but really won't be shocked by any outcome ranging from blowout win to blowout loss.
  8. Male is not what they were some years ago, that tells me they are on the down-slide. Manual was down this year as well, no question about that, but compare the two programs in the 90's and the difference was huge compared to what it is today. "As far as academics Lou. Male is right there with Manual" Its D_O_G_S no dawgs.:lol: For those interested on the illegal play. http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20091102/SPORTS05/911020377/1002/sports/KHSAA++Male+TD+run+came+on+illegal+play
  9. That shows it pretty clearly.
  10. SO Male runs an illegal play and it is coach Nichols fault:rolleyes:
  11. I'm very surprised that players were involved on Male's side, now I don't know what any Manual people did or who it might or might not have been involved, but it seems very silly for players to be involved because they get to have there say on the field. I expect Manual to keep the barrel.
  12. By player pool I don't mean potential players I mean kids that show up to play football. Is there a single position that StX would replace with a Manual player? That is my point the programs are NOT Goliath vs Goliath. The baseball situation is somewhat different. Ballard has an excellent baseball tradition, and clearly a bigger baseball school than Manual. The baseball facilities at Manual are also a joke. The Ballard baseball job is a better baseball job than the Manual one and I say that as a big Crimson supporter.
  13. X and T have a much stronger player pool then either Male or Manual. Typically an X or T freshman class has 100 or so players show most of those with previous playing experiance. I don't think Manual has had a freshman class of even as many as 40 players and many of those kids are playing football for the first time (Male is probably similar in that regard). You can say things like attitude and determination all day long, but on paper X should probably beat Manual by 4TD's or more. These squads are not very comparable in program size, X and T are significantly bigger programs than anything the publics have to offer.
  14. Huge win for Shelby Co. How Fern Creek reacts to this loss will tell us a lot about them. I think the Tigers have the talent to be a top 5 team easily, but lets see how they react to this adversity.
  15. I didn't get to the game last night. Congrats X on the win I hope your QB gets better. When it comes to St X/Manual there is no love lost between the programs (thats not to say I don't find some of the BGPers delightful people) and I know from experiance losing to St X in a close game stings a lot more than losing a blowout. As far as comparing the scores I do think it is worth mentioning that Manual's offense has had a taste of success that they hadn't had going into the Highlands and Trinity games (not to discount the defensive efforts of those sides), earlier this season we had a great deal of offensive struggles.
  16. Manual scores all point in the first half. Second half defined by sloppy field conditions.
  17. I just got back in town and saw this. Congrats Highlands. Highlands has EARNED the right to say they are the best team in the state. Do I think they would beat St X? Not at all.
  18. Losing to Fern Creek will be a common result this season.
  19. Seems like Male has some issues on D this season.
  20. Manual TD on short pass on fourth down Manual 45 Central 28
  21. Manual long TD pass Xtr point blocked 38 28
  22. On first drive of second half Manual D gets second safety of the night Manual 32 Central 28
  23. Manual 30 Central 28 Halftime score
  24. Use of adderall, creatine (sp?) and practicing while sick all could contribute. Sad situation but I'm very happy the coach was aquitted,
  25. Manual's offense is not good or even "okay" this season. This is the second shutout this year.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.